Being called a Liar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being called a Liar

I recently advertised my long range fuel tank on eBay. 3 pictures and a part number, so enough information to either compare or check.

The buyer is now calling me a liar saying the item is not genuine. Even providing a copy of ETK of my cars vin showing it fitted.

The buyer wanted the tank that goes under the car and is blaming me for most selling the tank and wrongly advertising. I told him to get his eyes tested as it looks nothing like the tank for under the car.

Now we all know the M3 came with a 55 litre tank (except the sport evo) and the long range goes in the boot.

So evening telling him him I removed it from my own car I have owned for 12 years. I am a liar for selling a non genuine part as it does not a BMW logo or part number on the part.

There are some tosses out there.
    Toby

E30 87 - S14 Turbo
    E34 90 - M5

New BMW & Mini OEM parts - www.bmminiparts.com

sigpic

Well mate, you did the right thing. He can jog on.
    Sport Evo No.47

My Sport Evo Restoration

Comment

Yeah...there are idiots in every crowd. Don't worry about it.

Comment

So frustrating to have to deal with that - sorry. You can write as thorough an ad as you like, doesn't mean the guy on the other side is going to read or understand it.

I wrote a short novel when auctioning my Integra on BringATrailer, which is overall one of the best high-visibility online sales venues. Even with thorough text, photos, videos, within 30 minutes of the auction going live I had some bozo calling me to ask me basic questions questions answered in the leading paragraph of the listing.

He didn't call me a liar, at least. That must be grating.
        1988 DS
        Thread
        Photos
        Bay Area M3 FB group

Comment

Cheers guys. He kept saying this tank only came on the 320 and 325's. So I said if I did not remove from my M3 what did inremove it from them?
          Toby

E30 87 - S14 Turbo
          E34 90 - M5

sigpic

Comment

Don't worry, I once had a BMW "expert" tell me that the E30 M3 that I was getting into was a body kit car and that there was no M3 before 1995. I just thanked the guy for the helpful tip and drove off. LOL

Comment

Back before I knew better...many years ago...I called a local BMW/Mercedes specialty shop to set up an appointment to have the base CO set on my car. Long story short, he incredibly derisively and snidely told me "your car is a six cylinder, not a four cylinder". "No" I said..."it's a first gen M3...with the four cylinder..." Condescending chuckle...then "no M3s ever had a 4 cylinder engine...."

I almost kept the appointment just so I could get his name, force him to count the cylinders, then leave. But I have never been all that spiteful, so I just moved on.

Comment

feel terrible for you. eBay buyers have all power. sellers none. hate it that you couldn't sell to a vetted audience. there needs to be vetted marketplace. hang in there. let us not be weary in well doing for in due season we shall reap if we faint not
                the winningest racecar ever.

Comment

When I first got my 73 2002, it took a bit of time to convince the parts guy that the model was a 2002, not the year!

Don
                  1973 - 2002
                  1988 - iX
                  1988 - M3

Comment

I suppose that if he wasn't such a dickhead and admitted to genuinely buying the wrong tank, you might be inclined to offer to take it back. Being a dickhead is seldom useful when you haven't got what you want.
                    Sport Evo No.47

My Sport Evo Restoration

Comment

It got worse, but sorted it. The eBay agent said as the picture he uploaded was my item, as in my picture he would have to pay the return postage.

Then for whatever reason they sided with him and charging me the return postage. A phone call later they will refund my account. The annoying thing is he gets off paying for the return postage.
                      Toby

E30 87 - S14 Turbo
                      E34 90 - M5

sigpic

Comment

Does anyone have a long range tank in their car that they have a picture in sitter, but shows it is an M3.

The last email from the idiot
                        Hello bmminiparts,

jaanporsche send you a message about their request:

"The description is incorrect because you listed this item as genuine m3 e30 tank but this tank is not genuine and doesn’t have Bmw stamp or Bmw part number, you need to stop lying and refund me my money back. You need to correctly describe your items in the future and not try to cheat honest buyers. I will now ask eBay to help in this matter because you’ve sent an item what is aftermarket and doesn’t fit a Bmw e30 m3 car. I want my money back."

Toby

E30 87 - S14 Turbo
                        E34 90 - M5

sigpic

Comment

That's why I stopped selling on ebay. I used to offer my brake ducts and nearly everyone was satisfied and understood these were not original parts. Well two guys were disappointed and complained about them not being original. One guy wanted his money back and the other just left bad feedback so I no longer sell them on there. Let them idiots pay more elsewhere.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
                          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
                          91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH
                          98 528I SPORT 5 SPEED- SCHWARZ/SCHWARZ

Comment

Originally posted by 215m3 View Post
                            Does anyone have a long range tank in their car that they have a picture in sitter, but shows it is an M3.

The last email from the idiot
                            Hello bmminiparts,

jaanporsche send you a message about their request:

"The description is incorrect because you listed this item as genuine m3 e30 tank but this tank is not genuine and doesn’t have Bmw stamp or Bmw part number, you need to stop lying and refund me my money back. You need to correctly describe your items in the future and not try to cheat honest buyers. I will now ask eBay to help in this matter because you’ve sent an item what is aftermarket and doesn’t fit a Bmw e30 m3 car. I want my money back."
                            I can get a picture of the tank in my car if necessary. The earliest I would be able to get it to you would be Wednesday evening.

Let me know if it is required.

Comment

Originally posted by qwerte View Post

I can get a picture of the tank in my car if necessary. The earliest I would be able to get it to you would be Wednesday evening.

Let me know if it is required.
                              that would be great thanks. If you can get it so you can see the wings or something distinctive to the M3.

Toby

E30 87 - S14 Turbo
                              E34 90 - M5

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X