EX-JTCC Group A M3 Coming to the NW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EX-JTCC Group A M3 Coming to the NW

I am an avid BMW vintage racer with a collection of 7 cars that I race. I recently purchased the ex-Anthony Reid JTCC M3 and am in the process of importing it. I am looking forward to getting to know folks on this forum and posting stuff about the car and my experiences racing it.

Here are a couple of photos of the car as it was waiting to be picked up by the shipping company. It should be here in early February.

1976 Luigi BMW CSL
    1991 Asahi Kiko E30 M3
    1970 Koepchen 2002
    1968 Hyde Park 2002TA
    1965 TiSA #193
    1960 700 Vintage Racer
    1965 1800Ti Vintage Racer
    1971 NSU 1200 TTS
    www.msportvintage.com

Thatís a great find. I donít think I have ever seen pictures of that car or livery before. Very nice find.
    Can you share any details about itís background or pro career?
    was it always a JTCC car or did it come from Europe or UK ?

whi was its original builder if European origin?

what is the chassis number ?

what is the state of its specification today?

so many questions lol.

Great to see you posting about the car on here.
    Cheers

jimmy p
    jimmy p.
    87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
    88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
    88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
    92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
    98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
    04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

That is an incredible livery. Would love to see and learn more! Bring it to the Historics at Laguna Seca!
      1989 Lachs
      1988 Lachs - sold
      1988 DS - sold
      Car blog
      Bay Area M3 FB group

Comment

Thanks, Jimmy. I'm pretty excited about the car. It was built from motorsports tub # M3 1/60 by Middlebridge Engineering in England, then shipped to Japan and raced by the Asai Racing Team. It was brought up to full EVO 3 specs and raced in 1992-93 seasons, finishing 2nd in the championship in 1993. Following the 1993 season the Group A specs changed and the car went back to Europe where it raced in hillclimbs. It was purchased in 2011 by an Australian racer. That was then that it was restored and has been racing in Australia since.

Here's a couple of links with a bit more on the history of the car, as well as some additional photos of it and some in-car videos from recent years in Australia. Gotta love that S14 growl::

http://www.ecuriebowden.com.au/1992-...x-anthony-reid

http://www.performancegarage.com.au/...-restored-vids

http://www.middlebridge-scimitar.co.uk/racing_1.php
        1976 Luigi BMW CSL
        1991 Asahi Kiko E30 M3
        1970 Koepchen 2002
        1968 Hyde Park 2002TA
        1965 TiSA #193
        1960 700 Vintage Racer
        1971 NSU 1200 TTS
        www.msportvintage.com

Comment

Awesome find, beautiful car in clearly great shape. Iím sure you canít wait to get that out on track, in car videos seem like itís well prepared and ready to go. Do you have any good pictures of the drivers side engine bay you can share?

Comment

Bitchin car. Awesome find. I would love to see it at the Monterey Historics. E30 M3s are absolutely a missing car at Monterey. Congratulations on the purchase.

Will
            '69 Datsun 2000 Roadster vintage race car (Street driven on a regular basis :taz
            '59 Alfa Romeo 101 Sprint (HUGE project :uhoh
            '88 M3

Comment

• SteveWalker
              SteveWalker commented
              Editing a comment
              It's entered, Will. Call Ardelle at MRLS and tell her you'd like to see more E30 M3's at the event.

Gorgeous car!!! You'll love it!!
            Ron ///Man

• '91 Gr-A Former CiBiEmme / Ravaglia - Sold
            • '90 M3 Faux EVOII Alpineweiss 36K Orig Owner - The Queen
            • '91 M3 Faux EVO III Brilliantrot Euro Driveline - The Rocket
            • '91 M3 Faux Gr-A Club Racer DM - The Alter EGO
            • '89 M3 M3T / ITR Club Racer
            • '94 Spec E36 - Eh....
            • '09 M3 - Tarmac Terrorist
            • '04 330Xi Sport 6 Speed - Snowmobile
            • '07 530 Xi - Highway Star
            • http://www.imwcarparts.com/e30-m3-parts.htm

Comment

Car is awesome. Smart you are. Totally recommend Andy Bovensiepen for Laguna seca. He brings his on a container ship each year. I asked his crew if I could ride in the container. Andy is a great racer. His crew totally accommodating. The other pro team, the one that was 1st out at rolex24 and 1st out at Sebring 12, that one, also caretaker of e30m3 will also be there, but not so much. Stoked to see you in monterey. pit by Andy. I saw him drive perfectly only to get corrected by the official for aggressive racing. Andy was perfect. Official only saw retaliation. Soooooooo happy for you. What a car. What an effort. What a choice. Good job. Praise the Lord
              ​​​​
              the winningest racecar ever.

Comment

Wow thats a fantastic amount of back story and documentation. It took me years to get anywhere near that level of back-story info on mine. That alone brings a great value to that chassis.
                Your (060) is not too far off of mine (068). Ralph Evans owns an ex Schnitzer car which is also here in the US I believe his is 069.
                Those were all early chassis ('87 deliveries to their respective builders for the 88 season is what I was told) which coincides with the timeline given in your cars numerous documents.

Wishing you many fun laps in it.
                jimmy p.
                87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
                88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
                92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
                98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
                04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

Beautiful car, would love to see video's out at the Classics.
                  Who knows where I'll be, changes from day to Continent.

Comment

A quick update on my M3. The ship is due to dock in Seattle on Feb. 2. It takes a couple of days to unload and clear customs, so we should be able to pick it up sometime the week of Feb. 5-9. I'll be sure to post some update photos when that happens.

In the meantime, I did receive a wonderful notebook from the seller full of interesting history, set-up sheets, a log book, CAMS Certificate of Description, and other useful information. Armed with more details I've been scouring the internet and have found some pictures from the cars history in the JTCC. It began racing in the series in 1988 and seems to have been sold several times to various teams. It is recognizable by its unique 3 piece gold wheels, and the fact that the interior remained the original BMW Motorsports grey throughout its career.

Here's a couple of shots I ran across. The first is from 1989:

Click image for larger version  Name:	M3 1989JTCC.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	89.8 KB ID:	1267187

Here is a shot I found of the car from 1992.

Click image for larger version  Name:	M3 1991JTCC.jpg Views:	1 Size:	141.4 KB ID:	1267185
                    Attached Files
                    1976 Luigi BMW CSL
                    1991 Asahi Kiko E30 M3
                    1970 Koepchen 2002
                    1968 Hyde Park 2002TA
                    1965 TiSA #193
                    1960 700 Vintage Racer
                    1971 NSU 1200 TTS
                    www.msportvintage.com

Comment

Beautiful. I'd be camping on the dock!! Please take pics when you pick it up.

Don

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Super cool, Asahi makes great beer. What do these cost?

Comment

We were able to break the car out of customs jail today and take it back to Racecraft's shop. I have to say that the photos of the car did not do it justice. It is spectacular! We got it back to the shop, put in some fuel, and fired it up. I even drove it up and down in front of the shop a bit. With new cold slicks on a damp 40 degree street I wasn't going to get crazy. I did rev it just a bit in 2nd and the tires immediately broke loose. The car has a muffler (per Aussie Group A rules) so I will be running it at the HMSA Spring Race next month at Laguna Seca.

1976 Luigi BMW CSL
                            1991 Asahi Kiko E30 M3
                            1970 Koepchen 2002
                            1968 Hyde Park 2002TA
                            1965 TiSA #193
                            1960 700 Vintage Racer
                            1971 NSU 1200 TTS
                            www.msportvintage.com

Comment

Working...
                            X