No announcement yet.

No Start...Pull CTS plug and it Starts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved....Chris, can't thank you enough for forcing me to look at the fuel circuit. For a 3rd time!! The cause of all this was a simple split in the tubing between the fuel pump(in-tank)and the hanger. I'm going to assume it's been there since day 1 when I installed it 6 months ago. I'm also going to assume it began to tear larger at some point AFTER I tested fuel pressure which was perfect. It's a neat "knife slice" cut parallel to it's length. It was the correct tubing (submersible)and came supplied with the walbro pump so it wasn't from degradation. I'm going to assume again it simply ripped larger from the FP pressure until it had an effect on the cars fuel circuit.

I still don't understand the reason behind having some fuel when I pulled the CTS enough to drive the car between my garages. But when I put the gauge back on last night I had ZERO fuel pressure and that was NOT the case before.

So I'm going to finish this saga with new fuel tubing between the fuel lines and the fuel rail and of course replace the piece between the pump and hanger. I'll be doing that tonight and report back if that indeed was the issue.

Thanks again,
    Don

Comment

That's great news, Don! I'm glad your car's all sorted now. Tough problems like these are super frustrating to solve, but once you've fixed them the car is going to feel so good to drive again.

Comment

Well that was it. I guess that small slit was acting like a pressure regulator. When I jumped the fuel pump relay and checked fuel pressure it was fine. But if I would have left it on longer, I'll bet I would have seen a pressure drop as that slit opened up. But, unfortunately, I never did that. Just pushed the fused jumper across the relay base long enough to see the gauge needle jump up to 3bar and I would stop! Oh well. Drove the car yesterday and warmed it up. Balanced carbs, adjusted idle and she's now waiting for 500 or so mile and a final valve adjustment. Not my car so I don't know if I'll have the opportunity to do that adjustment or not, up to the owner if he wants to tow it back to PA.

On to the next one.

Thanks again Chris and Ron Checca. Sure appreciate the help guys.

Don

Comment

Working...
        X