Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front spolier question

A quick question if I may.
    Our cars come with a black plastic spolier that fits under the front bumper. Do you have to remove this if you want to fit an evo 2 chin spoiler?
    Or can it be left on the car?

Our cars do not come with any black plastic front spoiler. Unless the previous owner installed an aftermaket splitter. Sport Evo or Evo III comes with plastic undertray and a splitter. To answer your question, remove that black splitter for the chin spoiler. Some people mount that splitter under the chin and imo, it looks ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by Has csl View Post
      A quick question if I may.
      Our cars come with a black plastic spolier that fits under the front bumper. Do you have to remove this if you want to fit an evo 2 chin spoiler?
      Or can it be left on the car?
      I believe the part you're talking about is #12 on the following link?
      http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=51_0604

If I'm correct, that piece is held on by a series of expanding rivets. They can be easily removed. If you mount a Evo II chin spoiler, the "front spoiler" will most likely be rendered useless because the Evo II Chin spoiler will block it. If you mount the Evo II Chin spoiler up to the bumper, you will be able to see if you should remove it or not. Most of the cars I've seen with the Evo II chin spoiler have had the "front spoiler" removed.

HTH
      1989 E30 M3 Cabrio - Nogaro Sliver / Black - 1 of 786
      1990 E30 M3 - Sterling Silver / Black
      1991 E30 318is - Sterling / Black (Mtech II project)

Comment

What they call the front spoiler is just a rubber strip attached to the bottom of the bumper cover with rivets. I want to say it needs to be removed when installing the Evo 2 front lip.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
        89 M3 - SEPANG BRONZE/SCHWARZ
        91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

When I installed the EVOII spoiler, I did not need to remove the rubber strip. I left it installed.

Comment

Working...
          X