No announcement yet.

J STOCK springs are BACK!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm. Looks like I'll have to be rocking some H&R race with Koni's until i can piece together the J stock & billies. Sounds like a waste of money now but can transfer over this temporary set up to the other E30 M since that wouldnt be on the road for a couple seasons anyways.
    sigpic 95 M3 & 88 M3

Comment

Better to get them now than never :(

I'm thinking about adding to Will's list or calling up Phil over at bimmerworld to see if someone can make some dag on SOLID RUBBER motor mounts. 1k for group N is ridiculous, poly is garbage, stock is also garbage. They already make those solid mounts that fit the 318is and e36 - maybe we can get a group buy on something like those for the s14.
      Or keep buying 1k motor mounts....

Comment

The Porsche 996 guys drain the hydraulic fluid (glycol) from their engine mounts and replace it with 80 Sh Polyurethane.
        As an example:https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...rformance.html

Seems easy enough to replicate on the S14 hydraulic mounts by cutting away the bottom steel cover, cut the bladder, drain glycol and replace with polyurethane. Stick cover back on and voilą one solid engine mount.

Comment

I added my name to the list. I really hope they'll produce them as a spring only set so we don't have to wait for the Bilstein backorder.

Comment

Pardon my ignorance, but can someone explain what exactly are J Stock springs and why they are special?

Comment

Originally posted by kundiboy View Post
              Pardon my ignorance, but can someone explain what exactly are J Stock springs and why they are special?
              I don't know exactly how to say this, but.......

do you believe in magic?

Comment

Originally posted by kundiboy View Post
                LOL,,,, US E30 M3 History Lesson incoming....
                So in the long ago days, before there was a Turner Motorsport, Will Turner used to race E30s. He was always fast, usually at the front.
                He used to have a seemingly magic touch at altering existing Eibach springs to his liking on his and other's E30 race cars that needed to use a stock type spring (not coil overs).
                When he started Turner Motorsports he had the resources to have an E30 spring set made by H&R to his specifications, which he sold with some matched shocks and I think sway bars.
                It was targeted at the then VERY popular BMWCCA Club Racing J Stock class whos rules required stock type springs, shocks, bars.
                If you were a fast car in J Stock, you were using Will Turner's J Stock suspension, and many others driving E30s in other classes also picked up on it.
                Became somewhat legendary in the US. Then as E30M3s (and E30s in general) died off in club racing, as did the once popular but now dead J Stock class, so did them making the J Stock spring set.
                Many people mourned. People wanted it,,, and there was seemingly enough interest for Will to get some more made.
                That concludes the E30M3s in US club racing and track days history lesson for today LOL.
                jimmy p.
                87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
                88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
                92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
                98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
                04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

Thanks for the explanation Jimmy. I understand what the interest is all about now

Comment

Jimmy is quite the story teller! Haha that was great!
                    sigpic 95 M3 & 88 M3

Comment

Originally posted by proctor750 View Post

It's not just you, he is trying to get the same b8's you are. They are completely out of stock so if you don't have a spare set or know someone who does then you will be using different dampers in the meantime.
                      i have ordered a set B8's last week and got them 3 days later
                      Or are they any special ones?
                      And GrA/DTM engine mounts are ~140 Euro from BMW Motorsport
                      Last edited by Markus; 05-17-2018, 07:15 PM.

http://www.bmwm3shop.de

Comment

Originally posted by Markus View Post

Wow, thats awesome. I contacted wholesale companies that my father has access to and NEVER failed me in the past (Example, i just ordered a fuel pump for his 850CSI Euro model without a problem, in stock) & even they are out of stock on B8's & B'6's. I have called all major retailers and non have in stock & need to order from wholesale suppliers ( which I already know don't have any)

Now I was going this route because I will run the H&R race with b8's until the J-stocks are available then send them to get revalved to match. I'm sure there are many more over here that need them. I have a HPDE on june 11th and would like to avoid purchasing KONI adjustables
                        sigpic 95 M3 & 88 M3

Comment

Originally posted by Ant's m3 View Post

Wow, thats awesome. I contacted wholesale companies that my father has access to and NEVER failed me in the past (Example, i just ordered a fuel pump for his 850CSI Euro model without a problem, in stock) & even they are out of stock on B8's & B'6's. I have called all major retailers and non have in stock & need to order from wholesale suppliers ( which I already know don't have any)

Now I was going this route because I will run the H&R race with b8's until the J-stocks are available then send them to get revalved to match. I'm sure there are many more over here that need them. I have a HPDE on june 11th and would like to avoid purchasing KONI adjustables
                          you could call Bilstein in USA directly and ask them

Thyssenkrupp Bilstein of America

14102 Stowe Dr.
                          Poway, CA 92064, USA
                          Contact information
                          Phone
                          +1-800-537-1085
                          Web
                          bilsteinus.com
                          Aftermarket & Motorsports Headquarters - West

Comment

My guess is you were lucky and someone had a set laying around. availability could differ usa vs Germany as far as whats still collecting dust.

Comment

Originally posted by proctor750 View Post

It's not just you, he is trying to get the same b8's you are. They are completely out of stock so if you don't have a spare set or know someone who does then you will be using different dampers in the meantime.
                              have spoken with Bilstein today and the B8s are available here in Germany
                              A set (front/rear) would be 550 Euro

Comment

have spoken with Bilstein today and the B8s are available here in Germany
                                A set (front/rear) would be 550 Euro
                                That is interesting. I suppose they are simply unavailable in NA or perhaps that has now changed? It sounded like it could be a year before they were available in NA again. I guess Will could buy from Germany but I have no idea how the wholesale pricing works and if it's worth it which is strange since they all come from Germany anyway. I sent him an email asking if he will sell the springs separate since there is a wait but who knows maybe they are becoming available again and he's already put orders in. Just have to wait.

Comment

Working...
                                X