No announcement yet.

J STOCK springs are BACK!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update: Since most people want the springs and dampers there's not enough people who want just springs to make it worth it to sell separately since the springs are 1 big batch.
    This means everyone is at the mercy of Bilstein.
    I called a NA rep and he said they were changing the tooling out and it wont be until September before they catch back up...
    Who knows if that's accurate but its all ive got from Bilstein.

Comment

Originally posted by proctor750 View Post
      Update: Since most people want the springs and dampers there's not enough people who want just springs to make it worth it to sell separately since the springs are 1 big batch.
      I called a NA rep and he said they were changing the tooling out and it wont be until September before they catch back up...
      really strange - available here in gemany and not available in USA...... not sure why Bilstein is doing that

http://www.bmwm3shop.de

Comment

Originally posted by Markus View Post

really strange - available here in gemany and not available in USA...... not sure why Bilstein is doing that
        Maybe you can get better info being in Germany, the NA people prob don't actually know the real issue

Comment

damn, that's weak. Y'all need to suck it up and run Konis!

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post

damn, that's weak. Y'all need to suck it up and run Konis!
            It's will's name on it and I can tell you right now - he won't use konis...

Comment

It's will's name on it and I can tell you right now - he won't use konis...
              Definitely understood.

If it's going to be a both or none kind of deal I think I'm going to pull my name off. I can't stand Bilsteins- they ride like ass in everything I've used them for from custom valving to a simple h&r/bilstein setup. They're true inverted struts which I'm sure is why he likes them. Konis just ride SO much better it's not worth the negligible difference in handling that 1% of folks running Jstocks will take advantage of on the track.

Comment

Looks like the B8's are starting to free up again. First batch coming over won't be JS stuff I'm guessing there are back orders to fill etc first. Good news nonetheless, making progress.

Comment

Bad News friendlies. Looks like the dampers may be a no go for a long time. Will doesn't seem to know why either so I am now going to need to see who is willing to purchase just the springs without matched dampers...

I will be for sure - I'll be able to find something for dampers that will work great based on other comments on the forum from users who have had success. I think Will is worried many who want the springs only want them on the condition they get the dampers too. Hopefully that's not the case but if so you may want to indicate on the spreadsheet (page 1 first post) if you are "Only with dampers" or "with or without dampers" or some such..

If you know someone on the list who isn't on s14 please let them know.

Comment

Just the springs is fine with me....

Comment

I updated the spreadsheet with a new column since it was a little confusing if people would flat out not buy the springs without the billys. It's just a YES/NO column if you would buy the springs even if the billys are unavailable for the foreseeable future.

Comment

I registered and added myself to the spreadsheet link. I am interested regardless of shock availability, and would buy at least two sets.

Would it not be an acceptable compromise to just re-valve the "standard" right-side-up b8's?

Comment

Originally posted by redneckvtek View Post
                          I registered and added myself to the spreadsheet link. I am interested regardless of shock availability, and would buy at least two sets.

Would it not be an acceptable compromise to just re-valve the "standard" right-side-up b8's?
                          Yes but you need to know the "target" to get the magic setup turner came up with. In reality you can valve anything you want any way you want, just send your set to bilstein and they will do it to your spec.
                          Another fella on here (rad2ltr?) has his setup with tc klein (revalved konis) and he loves it. So you really don't need his dampers unless you want exactly what turner specified.
                          Make sure you indicate you would want more than one set of springs on the spreadsheet so Will knows how many to include in the batch.

Edit: my understanding is that many who revalve the b8's and use them with lowering springs (i.e. jstock) will also cut their bump stops in half.

Comment

I’’ am ready for a suspension change. Running stock springs with new Koni Sport single adjustables. I’’ve seen two numbers for the stock springs, 100/300 and 140/250.

Will the J stocks at 450/600 be too stiff for the street (not tracketed, yet)? How much do they lower the car? What other mods are required to the Konis/suspension.

Local shop recommended H&R Sports at 182/343 with 1”/.75” drop. Not sure...

Comment

• 99M3Riverside
                              99M3Riverside commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I had the HR Race on my old M3 and it was good on the street. I have J-Stock on my current one. It is 95% time a track car but I will drive it on the street to an AutoX if I am to lazy to load the trailer and it isn't that big of deal.

Originally posted by Grinder View Post
                            I’’ am ready for a suspension change. Running stock springs with new Koni Sport single adjustables. I’’ve seen two numbers for the stock springs, 100/300 and 140/250.

Will the J stocks at 450/600 be too stiff for the street (not tracketed, yet)? How much do they lower the car? What other mods are required to the Konis/suspension.

Local shop recommended H&R Sports at 182/343 with 1”/.75” drop. Not sure...
                            J stocks are 640/1080 lb spring rate. They are awesome, don't bottom over every little thing and aren't harsh. Yes they are firm, but I've done 22 hrs straight on them (yes at one time) and it wasn't a big deal. HR Race springs are WAY too soft for, well, anything. (Been there, done that.)

Will
                            '69 Datsun 2000 Roadster vintage race car (Street driven on a regular basis :taz
                            '59 Alfa Romeo 101 Sprint (HUGE project :uhoh
                            '88 M3

Comment

Thanks Will. Do you know how much the drop is from stock? Do you mind posting or sending me a picture of the stance?

Comment

• RAD2LTR
                                RAD2LTR commented
                                Editing a comment

Very little body roll.

Will
                            Working...
                            X