Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

J STOCK springs are BACK!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Praise be baby jesus I got an email from Will today confirming the springs ARE still getting made. Unfortunately still no news on struts (he said he will ask again).

    The springs are supposed to be ready by end of this month. Might just grab a set and revalve some normal B8's (Markus appears to have several sets). Better than nothing I suppose!

    Comment


    • #77
      Did you guys already get your springs? I check with Turner today and they advised me that their ETA for another batch is 3-4 months out. :(

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by S14Mpower View Post
        Did you guys already get your springs? I check with Turner today and they advised me that their ETA for another batch is 3-4 months out. :(
        It's all very confusing - Will seems to say the opposite of what others are hearing from the sales people. I guess I'll check back with him midway through Feb. He said they should receive the springs towards the end of this month so that's the last I heard.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by proctor750 View Post

          It's all very confusing - Will seems to say the opposite of what others are hearing from the sales people. I guess I'll check back with him midway through Feb. He said they should receive the springs towards the end of this month so that's the last I heard.
          Thanks! I put my name on the list, better late than never I guess... I did see that the Jstock dampers are shipping in mid Feb though.

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by S14Mpower View Post

            Thanks! I put my name on the list, better late than never I guess... I did see that the Jstock dampers are shipping in mid Feb though.
            Dampers ARE NOT SHIPPING in Feb. Talked to Sean and confirmed that Bilstein is not making them any more. Told Sean to take down the Bilstein page on their web site as it was misleading and wrong. You will see there is no J-Stock Bilstein order page on their site any more.

            This whole thing is a clusterfuck and it would be nice if Turner could get their act together on these springs and dampers. I believe there is enough interest to get a small batch of springs and dampers produced that would make it profitable for H&R and Bilstein.

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by mwagner10702 View Post

              Dampers ARE NOT SHIPPING in Feb. Talked to Sean and confirmed that Bilstein is not making them any more. Told Sean to take down the Bilstein page on their web site as it was misleading and wrong. You will see there is no J-Stock Bilstein order page on their site any more.

              This whole thing is a clusterfuck and it would be nice if Turner could get their act together on these springs and dampers. I believe there is enough interest to get a small batch of springs and dampers produced that would make it profitable for H&R and Bilstein.
              Thanks for the update! Back to considering chopping up my struts for a coilover setup...

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by S14Mpower View Post
                Thanks for the update! Back to considering chopping up my struts for a coilover setup...
                Noooooo . . . . don't go chopping up your OEM strut housings. As fr as I am concerned those things are GOLD and down the road you may want to return your suspension to OEM specs and then where will you be?

                I'd hold out for a previously owned Ground Control coil over setup. These do show up for sale now and again. As an option Ron ///Man has a like new Motorsport Gr-N factory coil-over setup for sale. It has Bilstein Gr-N shocks, front strut housings and many different sets of Gr-N springs in different spring rates, and a set of TMS sway bars. Not sure what he wants for it, probably depends on what spring rates you decide on. (Hope he doesn't get mad at me for mentioning this).

                Anyway - bottom line - don't chop those OEM strut housings!

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by mwagner10702 View Post

                  Noooooo . . . . don't go chopping up your OEM strut housings. As fr as I am concerned those things are GOLD and down the road you may want to return your suspension to OEM specs and then where will you be?

                  I'd hold out for a previously owned Ground Control coil over setup. These do show up for sale now and again. As an option Ron ///Man has a like new Motorsport Gr-N factory coil-over setup for sale. It has Bilstein Gr-N shocks, front strut housings and many different sets of Gr-N springs in different spring rates, and a set of TMS sway bars. Not sure what he wants for it, probably depends on what spring rates you decide on. (Hope he doesn't get mad at me for mentioning this).

                  Anyway - bottom line - don't chop those OEM strut housings!
                  ok, ok, I'll back away from the ledge!

                  Ron ///Man please PM me!

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by S14Mpower View Post

                    ok, ok, I'll back away from the ledge!

                    Ron ///Man please PM me!
                    PM sent!
                    Ron ///Man

                    • '91 Gr-A Former CiBiEmme / Ravaglia - Sold
                    • '90 M3 Faux EVOII Alpineweiss 36K Orig Owner - The Queen
                    • '91 M3 Faux EVO III Brilliantrot Euro Driveline - The Rocket
                    • '91 M3 Faux Gr-A Club Racer DM - The Alter EGO
                    • '89 M3 M3T / ITR Club Racer
                    • '94 Spec E36 - Eh....
                    • '09 M3 - Tarmac Terrorist
                    • '04 330Xi Sport 6 Speed - Snowmobile
                    • '07 530 Xi - Highway Star
                    • http://www.imwcarparts.com/e30-m3-parts.htm


                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by mwagner10702 View Post

                      Dampers ARE NOT SHIPPING...
                      This is correct as far as I know there won't be dampers in foreseeable future. Doesn't mean you can't valve some b8's, chop the bump stops in half and get an acceptable setup without chopping struts up. Springs are definitely still on last I heard from Will. The springs are still worth it IMO regardless of the damper setup you go with (non coilover).

                      I'm also curious about what Ron has - can you send me a PM as well?

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by proctor750 View Post
                        I'm also curious about what Ron has - can you send me a PM as well?
                        Here is Ron's ad on S14: https://s14net.vbulletin.net/forum/s...spension-setup I think it is easy enough to PM him yourself.

                        I don't know enough about the J-Stock Bilsteins configuration to know if a set of B8 will work. My understanding was the dampers were configured with shortened bodies account for the roughly 1.5" shorter J-Stock springs. Obviously you would need to revalve to work with springs rates of 680 / 1026 (ft / rr). The B8 don't come as inverted rears so you lose some of that benefit.

                        All-in-all taking a stock set of B8 and revalving and cutting the bump stop sounds like a hack to me. A proper setup is going to benefit from a correctly matched set of springs and dampers.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by mwagner10702 View Post

                          Here is Ron's ad on S14: https://s14net.vbulletin.net/forum/s...spension-setup I think it is easy enough to PM him yourself.

                          I don't know enough about the J-Stock Bilsteins configuration to know if a set of B8 will work. My understanding was the dampers were configured with shortened bodies account for the roughly 1.5" shorter J-Stock springs. Obviously you would need to revalve to work with springs rates of 680 / 1026 (ft / rr). The B8 don't come as inverted rears so you lose some of that benefit.

                          All-in-all taking a stock set of B8 and revalving and cutting the bump stop sounds like a hack to me. A proper setup is going to benefit from a correctly matched set of springs and dampers.
                          He messaged me - thanks.


                          As for the B8's - There are other members on here using the Jstock springs with tc Klein revalved konis' among other options successfully.

                          To be sure I even asked Will:
                          "Do you think the springs will still perform well with normal B8's that are revalved and bump stops cut down? Not as good as your solution modifying the entire shock but I imagine it's better than nothing no?"

                          His response: "Yeah,



                          If you revalue the fronts to 300/300 or 300/200 and cut the bump stop they would be great… and revalve rears to 200/200"


                          Sure you lose out on inverted rears and shorter housings but seeing as it's not even an option... What else do you suggest? That valving is close to the Ron's GRP N's factory settings as well.

                          I think it will be fine and I'm willing to try it.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            I read somewhere that the Bilstein J-Stock valving was 300/175 F, 200/125 R.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by proctor750 View Post

                              This is correct as far as I know there won't be dampers in foreseeable future. Doesn't mean you can't valve some b8's, chop the bump stops in half and get an acceptable setup without chopping struts up. Springs are definitely still on last I heard from Will. The springs are still worth it IMO regardless of the damper setup you go with (non coilover).

                              I'm also curious about what Ron has - can you send me a PM as well?
                              Regarding the springs still being on, do you know if Will is basing the allocation on the spreadsheet? Thanks!

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by S14Mpower View Post

                                Regarding the springs still being on, do you know if Will is basing the allocation on the spreadsheet? Thanks!
                                I didn't think to ask that - I will definitely ask next time I talk to him. Hopefully he got a bit more than that as I'm sure more demand may trickle in. I'm half tempted to get 2 sets as a friend of mine has his car sitting in a buddy's shop slowly being rebuilt.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X