• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• proctor750
    replied
    Originally posted by mwagner10702 View Post

Dampers ARE NOT SHIPPING...
    This is correct as far as I know there won't be dampers in foreseeable future. Doesn't mean you can't valve some b8's, chop the bump stops in half and get an acceptable setup without chopping struts up. Springs are definitely still on last I heard from Will. The springs are still worth it IMO regardless of the damper setup you go with (non coilover).

I'm also curious about what Ron has - can you send me a PM as well?

Leave a comment:

• Ron ///Man
    replied
    Originally posted by S14Mpower View Post

ok, ok, I'll back away from the ledge!

Ron ///Man please PM me!
    PM sent!

Leave a comment:

• S14Mpower
    replied

Noooooo . . . . don't go chopping up your OEM strut housings. As fr as I am concerned those things are GOLD and down the road you may want to return your suspension to OEM specs and then where will you be?

I'd hold out for a previously owned Ground Control coil over setup. These do show up for sale now and again. As an option Ron ///Man has a like new Motorsport Gr-N factory coil-over setup for sale. It has Bilstein Gr-N shocks, front strut housings and many different sets of Gr-N springs in different spring rates, and a set of TMS sway bars. Not sure what he wants for it, probably depends on what spring rates you decide on. (Hope he doesn't get mad at me for mentioning this).

Anyway - bottom line - don't chop those OEM strut housings!
    ok, ok, I'll back away from the ledge!

Ron ///Man please PM me!

Leave a comment:

• mwagner10702
    replied
    Thanks for the update! Back to considering chopping up my struts for a coilover setup...
    Noooooo . . . . don't go chopping up your OEM strut housings. As fr as I am concerned those things are GOLD and down the road you may want to return your suspension to OEM specs and then where will you be?

I'd hold out for a previously owned Ground Control coil over setup. These do show up for sale now and again. As an option Ron ///Man has a like new Motorsport Gr-N factory coil-over setup for sale. It has Bilstein Gr-N shocks, front strut housings and many different sets of Gr-N springs in different spring rates, and a set of TMS sway bars. Not sure what he wants for it, probably depends on what spring rates you decide on. (Hope he doesn't get mad at me for mentioning this).

Anyway - bottom line - don't chop those OEM strut housings!

Leave a comment:

• S14Mpower
    replied

Dampers ARE NOT SHIPPING in Feb. Talked to Sean and confirmed that Bilstein is not making them any more. Told Sean to take down the Bilstein page on their web site as it was misleading and wrong. You will see there is no J-Stock Bilstein order page on their site any more.

This whole thing is a clusterfuck and it would be nice if Turner could get their act together on these springs and dampers. I believe there is enough interest to get a small batch of springs and dampers produced that would make it profitable for H&R and Bilstein.
    Thanks for the update! Back to considering chopping up my struts for a coilover setup...

Leave a comment:

• mwagner10702
    replied

Thanks! I put my name on the list, better late than never I guess... I did see that the Jstock dampers are shipping in mid Feb though.
    Dampers ARE NOT SHIPPING in Feb. Talked to Sean and confirmed that Bilstein is not making them any more. Told Sean to take down the Bilstein page on their web site as it was misleading and wrong. You will see there is no J-Stock Bilstein order page on their site any more.

This whole thing is a clusterfuck and it would be nice if Turner could get their act together on these springs and dampers. I believe there is enough interest to get a small batch of springs and dampers produced that would make it profitable for H&R and Bilstein.

Leave a comment:

• S14Mpower
    replied
    Originally posted by proctor750 View Post

It's all very confusing - Will seems to say the opposite of what others are hearing from the sales people. I guess I'll check back with him midway through Feb. He said they should receive the springs towards the end of this month so that's the last I heard.
    Thanks! I put my name on the list, better late than never I guess... I did see that the Jstock dampers are shipping in mid Feb though.

Leave a comment:

• proctor750
    replied
    Did you guys already get your springs? I check with Turner today and they advised me that their ETA for another batch is 3-4 months out. :(
    It's all very confusing - Will seems to say the opposite of what others are hearing from the sales people. I guess I'll check back with him midway through Feb. He said they should receive the springs towards the end of this month so that's the last I heard.

Leave a comment:

• S14Mpower
    replied
    Did you guys already get your springs? I check with Turner today and they advised me that their ETA for another batch is 3-4 months out. :(

Leave a comment:

• proctor750
    replied
    Praise be baby jesus I got an email from Will today confirming the springs ARE still getting made. Unfortunately still no news on struts (he said he will ask again).

The springs are supposed to be ready by end of this month. Might just grab a set and revalve some normal B8's (Markus appears to have several sets). Better than nothing I suppose!

Leave a comment:

• proctor750
    replied
    Unbelievable.

My understanding was that he had already locked in the batch of springs but didn't want to sell them without the modified bilsteins to go with (for reasons discussed above). The fact that the bilsteins were unable to happen makes me think he just scrapped the whole thing.

It's a real shame because we could have at least bought our own b8's and had them revalved (not as great as the modified housings but better than nothing).

It was one of the best options for suspension that doesn't destroy your ability to return to stock which is EXTREMELY important if you wish to sell the car in the future. I will not hack into these struts...

Damnt.

Leave a comment:

• mwagner10702
    replied
    Just got off the phone with Matt from Turner. He definitely confirmed that NEITHER THE SPRINGS OR THE DAMPERS ARE AVAILABLE ANY LONGER AND WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE ANYTIME IN THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE. Bilstein is no longer making the modified dampers and H&R wants a large commitment (didn't say how large) to make it financially viable. Matt indicated any shipping ETA per the web site is incorrect.

Total bummer. Really hoping this was going to work out. Wish these vendors would take better care to keep their web sites updated with current information.

Leave a comment:

• mwagner10702
    replied

Placed my order (springs and dampers) as well. Combining these with ST (22 / 19) sway bars. Should be a great track day combination.
    Minor detail - Now just need to find some OEM front struts . . . . anyone?

Leave a comment:

• mwagner10702
    replied
    Originally posted by Uber Wagon View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, ordered! (P.S. Just spoke to Turner and realistic ship date is probably closer to Jan/Feb for shocks.)
    Placed my order (springs and dampers) as well. Combining these with ST (22 / 19) sway bars. Should be a great track day combination.

Leave a comment:

• Uber Wagon
    replied
    Thanks for the heads up, ordered! (P.S. Just spoke to Turner and realistic ship date is probably closer to Jan/Feb for shocks.)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X