J STOCK springs are BACK!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• proctor750
    started a topic J STOCK springs are BACK!!!!!!!!!

J STOCK springs are BACK!!!!!!!!!

from Will Turner --- Guys,
    I need a few more commitments on J Stock springs in order to get them into production.
    Pass the word around !
    (I only need 5 more commitments)
    Have people sign up here
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...014/edit#gid=0
    -Will
    Will Turner
    President | Turner Motorsport Racing

Help meh!

• mwagner10702
    replied
    Originally posted by proctor750 View Post
    Had a buddy who is rebuilding his M3 snag a set of springs and the front dampers from ECS. We are going to attempt to go with the econoline rears revalved - will report back on how that works out.
    I'll be anxious to get your feedback on the results. Before your buddy installs the dampers if you (or he) could also post the compressed length and extended length of the rear Bilsteins (B46-1720-H1) I would appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• proctor750
    replied
    Had a buddy who is rebuilding his M3 snag a set of springs and the front dampers from ECS. We are going to attempt to go with the econoline rears revalved - will report back on how that works out.

Leave a comment:

• proctor750
    replied
    YES!!!!!! holy crap we did it. That's amazing. Putting my order in on the 1st for a backup set - will try to convince a buddy to get one for his project as well. Wonder how many he got in this batch

Edit: technically I think the spreadsheet was already started by someone, not sure who but thanks to them big time wherever they are.

Leave a comment:

• jimmy p.
    replied
    Ya'll did great on this project. I dont have a need for these (I have a very old set of the originals in my basement),,, but I love seeing genuinely cool E30 parts come "back" to the market place.
    Great job.

Leave a comment:

• S14Mpower
    replied

No way, the springs are in!!?? - Can you post photos when they arrive - just want to be 100% sure... (no word from Will is all).
    Here you go!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• mwagner10702
    replied
    Originally posted by S14Mpower View Post

FYI! Just contacted Doug at Turner today and my order is shipping today!
    Mine shipped yesterday (3/14). Kudos to Will (and everyone involved) for making this happen.

Leave a comment:

• proctor750
    replied
    Originally posted by jimmy p. View Post
    What is up with Bilstein? Did they have a factory burn down or something?
    Its crazy that these simple common dampers are so hard to get.
    Im reading through this thread and what used to be a staple shock seems endlessly back ordered.
    Or is it just because our cars are old now?
    The B8's were temporarily unavailable though no real solid reason was given. The best excuse I heard was they had to switch the machines as they use different formats for different batches and they had to play catchup. It shouldn't be difficult to get them now although there was a price increase.
    As for the Jstock version... They won't build them for some reason and Will said he doubts those will happen in the near future if at all. Mwagner10702 did give excellent alternatives though! Econoline shocks - who would have thought

Leave a comment:

• mwagner10702
    replied
    Originally posted by jimmy p. View Post
    What is up with Bilstein . . . . .
    The B8s are available from numerous outlets (i.e. Bimmerworld, ECS, Turner). All show as having them in stock.

Leave a comment:

• S14Mpower
    replied

I think the site has said in stock for months now.. That's why I wanted to see the actual springs when (if) they show up. I put in an order back in Nov with the same link until I realized they weren't actually in stock yet.
    I just contacted them via the live chat function and told them that my order status didnít change, but I noticed the springs were in stock. They changed my order to reflect the actual status and as of today I have a tracking number and ETA too.

Leave a comment:

• jimmy p.
    replied
    What is up with Bilstein? Did they have a factory burn down or something?
    Its crazy that these simple common dampers are so hard to get.
    Im reading through this thread and what used to be a staple shock seems endlessly back ordered.
    Or is it just because our cars are old now?
    Last edited by jimmy p.; 03-14-2019, 06:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• proctor750
    replied

Sure! It says it's in stock... https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-5...pring-set-e30/

Maybe just order direct??
    I think the site has said in stock for months now.. That's why I wanted to see the actual springs when (if) they show up. I put in an order back in Nov with the same link until I realized they weren't actually in stock yet.

Leave a comment:

• S14Mpower
    replied

No way, the springs are in!!?? - Can you post photos when they arrive - just want to be 100% sure... (no word from Will is all).
    Sure! It says it's in stock... https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-5...pring-set-e30/

Maybe just order direct??

Leave a comment:

• proctor750
    replied

Leave a comment:

• S14Mpower
    replied
    Wow, great job mwagner10702
    Now at least the dampers are taken care of. I didn't realize the re-valving was so much - I can't remember who I spoke with that does it but never thought to ask about the price. Just assumed it was cheaper than a new damper

Not that I know of - I would just make sure your name is on the spreadsheet in post 1 page 1. He may have ordered more than requested just in case, he never really told me that much.

I bought another full set with swaybars from another enthusiast last week as the opportunity presented itself but will still get a set of the springs anyway.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X