J STOCK springs are BACK!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• proctor750
    started a topic J STOCK springs are BACK!!!!!!!!!

J STOCK springs are BACK!!!!!!!!!

from Will Turner --- Guys,
    I need a few more commitments on J Stock springs in order to get them into production.
    Pass the word around !
    (I only need 5 more commitments)
    Have people sign up here
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...014/edit#gid=0
    -Will
    Will Turner
    President | Turner Motorsport Racing

Help meh!

• proctor750
    replied
    Checked in with Will again, he said he emailed last week and the response was "on the water" which really means "just finished making them". So it sounds like there are just delays which is not surprising with a low volume batch imo but anyway it's just a waiting game now (or still)

Leave a comment:

• mwagner10702
    replied
    Originally posted by redneckvtek View Post

as someone who isn't a shock expert, what units are those?
    For Bilsteins, the numbers represent DN (Decanewtons) at 0.52 m/s, rebound first and compression second.

Leave a comment:

• proctor750
    replied
    Originally posted by redneckvtek View Post

Who is Markus?
    He is on page 2 of this thread mentioning he has a few sets for sale.

internal bump stop

As for valving I believe the numbers vary in meaning depending on manufacturer. Bilstein is by Newton force iirc so 300/200 = 3000/2000 newtons and would require a shim range between xN-xN
    That's my very limited understanding but I am sure someone else here is well learned in it.

Leave a comment:

• redneckvtek
    replied
    Originally posted by proctor750 View Post

If you revalue the fronts to 300/300 or 300/200 and cut the bump stop they would be great… and revalve rears to 200/200"

as someone who isn't a shock expert, what units are those? Will a rebuild-company know what to make of those numbers and how to execute it?

Do we need to cut the external bump-stock in half or the internal one?

Thanks for your updates on this deal.
    -Chris

Leave a comment:

• redneckvtek
    replied
    A little side note - Bilstein is about to jack the price of the b8's by around 20% by the end of this month. So anyone trying to get a set to go with the springs... might want to jump on it or hit up markus

Who is Markus?

Leave a comment:

• proctor750
    replied
    A little side note - Bilstein is about to jack the price of the b8's by around 20% by the end of this month. So anyone trying to get a set to go with the springs... might want to jump on it or hit up markus

Leave a comment:

• mwagner10702
    replied
    Originally posted by Ron ///Man View Post
    If anyone is interested in a complete JS setup, I may be selling one soon! Springs, shocks, bars. If anyone is interested, PM me.
    PM Sent.

Leave a comment:

• Ron ///Man
    replied
    If anyone is interested in a complete JS setup, I may be selling one soon! Springs, shocks, bars. If anyone is interested, PM me.

The Gr-N Setup I had is SOLD!

Leave a comment:

• S14Mpower
    replied

I didn't think to ask that - I will definitely ask next time I talk to him. Hopefully he got a bit more than that as I'm sure more demand may trickle in. I'm half tempted to get 2 sets as a friend of mine has his car sitting in a buddy's shop slowly being rebuilt.
    Thanks!

I'm in a similar frame of mind on getting 2 sets...

Leave a comment:

• proctor750
    replied
    Originally posted by S14Mpower View Post

Regarding the springs still being on, do you know if Will is basing the allocation on the spreadsheet? Thanks!
    I didn't think to ask that - I will definitely ask next time I talk to him. Hopefully he got a bit more than that as I'm sure more demand may trickle in. I'm half tempted to get 2 sets as a friend of mine has his car sitting in a buddy's shop slowly being rebuilt.

Leave a comment:

• S14Mpower
    replied

This is correct as far as I know there won't be dampers in foreseeable future. Doesn't mean you can't valve some b8's, chop the bump stops in half and get an acceptable setup without chopping struts up. Springs are definitely still on last I heard from Will. The springs are still worth it IMO regardless of the damper setup you go with (non coilover).

I'm also curious about what Ron has - can you send me a PM as well?
    Regarding the springs still being on, do you know if Will is basing the allocation on the spreadsheet? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• mwagner10702
    replied
    I read somewhere that the Bilstein J-Stock valving was 300/175 F, 200/125 R.

Leave a comment:

• proctor750
    replied
    Originally posted by mwagner10702 View Post

Here is Ron's ad on S14: https://s14net.vbulletin.net/forum/s...spension-setup I think it is easy enough to PM him yourself.

I don't know enough about the J-Stock Bilsteins configuration to know if a set of B8 will work. My understanding was the dampers were configured with shortened bodies account for the roughly 1.5" shorter J-Stock springs. Obviously you would need to revalve to work with springs rates of 680 / 1026 (ft / rr). The B8 don't come as inverted rears so you lose some of that benefit.

All-in-all taking a stock set of B8 and revalving and cutting the bump stop sounds like a hack to me. A proper setup is going to benefit from a correctly matched set of springs and dampers.
    He messaged me - thanks.

As for the B8's - There are other members on here using the Jstock springs with tc Klein revalved konis' among other options successfully.

To be sure I even asked Will:
    "Do you think the springs will still perform well with normal B8's that are revalved and bump stops cut down? Not as good as your solution modifying the entire shock but I imagine it's better than nothing no?"

His response: "Yeah,

If you revalue the fronts to 300/300 or 300/200 and cut the bump stop they would be great… and revalve rears to 200/200"

Sure you lose out on inverted rears and shorter housings but seeing as it's not even an option... What else do you suggest? That valving is close to the Ron's GRP N's factory settings as well.

I think it will be fine and I'm willing to try it.

Leave a comment:

• mwagner10702
    replied
    I'm also curious about what Ron has - can you send me a PM as well?
    Here is Ron's ad on S14: https://s14net.vbulletin.net/forum/s...spension-setup I think it is easy enough to PM him yourself.

I don't know enough about the J-Stock Bilsteins configuration to know if a set of B8 will work. My understanding was the dampers were configured with shortened bodies account for the roughly 1.5" shorter J-Stock springs. Obviously you would need to revalve to work with springs rates of 680 / 1026 (ft / rr). The B8 don't come as inverted rears so you lose some of that benefit.

All-in-all taking a stock set of B8 and revalving and cutting the bump stop sounds like a hack to me. A proper setup is going to benefit from a correctly matched set of springs and dampers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X