EAG 8k mile M3 for 200k

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAG 8k mile M3 for 200k

190k for a stock E30 M3 seem like a lot for a standard car US car, I guess your not gonna find a 8k mile car anywhere else or find comparable. For that money the EVO they had on their site is where would have put my money. Who knows what they are gonna ask for it with the way they price cars. I am sure that's not what they got for the car and a deal was done for a price and they just put up that number to drive up the value of their other stock.
    Visit us to view the best performance cars on the market. We carry a complete line of pre-owned BMW along with performance cars from Farrari to Jagaur and Mini Coopers.
    Drive it like you stole it!

Front tow cover missing?
    wow that car should be in a museum! I would love to drive that thing.

Comment

I would buy it and put a six in it.

Comment

I love EAG, my cars value goes up with each of their sales!

Comment

Curious if anyone has experience buying a car from them. They certainly price their rare inventory at the top of the market. Wonder what the final selling price is for some of these beauties?

Comment

Originally posted by Mpoweroo1 View Post
            I love EAG, my cars value goes up with each of their sales!
            Did you buy your car for a 401K or to drive like it was meant to be driven?
            Those who like what EAG has done to the market, dont usually do with their E30M3s what they are supposed to be used for.
            jimmy p.
            87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
            88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
            88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
            92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
            98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
            04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy p. View Post

Those who like what EAG has done to the market, dont usually do with their E30M3s what they are supposed to be used for.
              Alternatively, those of us who use our cars, as street cars, can also look at it as a net zero change in value. I can drive mine each year, and it's still worth at least what it was at the start of the year! The "devaluation" caused by our enjoyment/use, is offset by market value increase (independent of EAG influence). Is that a bad thing?

That's one way to look at it.

PS - if you don't like the value increase, do you want to do your part to counter it, and sell me your '88 Zinno for 2001 pricing?
              Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

Hey Chris, Not sure if you are on the SIG or follow through your Dad's account, but yes, we beat this subject to death on the SIG fairly recently and over the past years.
                I am an ardent EAG hater because of my curmudgeonly view of what they single handedly did to the E30M3 market. Other people participated, but they lit he fuse, so they get the most hate from me.

I get that some people look at it as good and as you posted thats a valid reason why I can see some people think its good. I do understand.

My disdain is founded on that I use my cars, I enjoy using them, but now it costs me more to do that for no other reason than they (EAG) have blown up the market on them.
                Now if my car gets wrecked a replacement is both hard to find and financially out of reach.
                Yes, you can insure the street cars to the stratosphere,,, but thats not free. You pay more to have the now required higher values. Again, a net loss for us E30M3 owners, a gain for the insurance vendors.
                You cant insure race cars like that, so in the event I wad that car up,,, I ether then convert my street car to a race car or I have to start racing a different car. In the old days a new M3 shell was 7-15K away.

People are hoarding parts, thus just finding parts is hard let alone affording them. Thats a loser all around.

All in all the whole price escalation costs us who actually use the cars more to do nothing more than wake up with an e30M3 in your garage. The whole market increase only benefits the people that actually want to sell their cars.

My cars are cars / toys, not investments. I wish that they still cost between 7-15K and if they plummeted back to that value overnight in a huge market crash no one would be happier than me.
                Last edited by jimmy p.; 05-21-2018, 08:45 AM.
                jimmy p.
                87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
                88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
                92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
                98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
                04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post

Alternatively, those of us who use our cars, as street cars, can also look at it as a net zero change in value. I can drive mine each year, and it's still worth at least what it was at the start of the year! The "devaluation" caused by our enjoyment/use, is offset by market value increase (independent of EAG influence). Is that a bad thing?

That's one way to look at it.

PS - if you don't like the value increase, do you want to do your part to counter it, and sell me your '88 Zinno for 2001 pricing?
                  This is the way I look at mine. I bought mine with 74K miles in 2011, it will roll 150K at the end of the week. I enjoy the car every day. Two weeks ago I put 1100 miles on it in a weekend (Got 29.9 mpg at an average speed of 75 mph on the trip). I'm all for the value rising as I drive the car. I'm still WAY ahead should I sell it (No plans to, there isn't another car I'd rather have.) I don't believe in garage queens and the fact that the value is going up as the miles do is a win win for me.

Will
                  '69 Datsun 2000 Roadster vintage race car (Street driven on a regular basis :taz
                  '59 Alfa Romeo 101 Sprint (HUGE project :uhoh
                  '88 M3

Comment

Hey Chris, Not sure if you are on the SIG or follow through your Dad's account, but yes, we beat this subject to death on the SIG fairly recently and over the past years.
                    I am an ardent EAG hater because of my curmudgeonly view of what they single handedly did to the E30M3 market. Other people participated, but they lit he fuse, so they get the most hate from me.

I get that some people look at it as good and as you posted thats a valid reason why I can see some people think its good. I do understand.

My disdain is founded on that I use my cars, I enjoy using them, but now it costs me more to do that for no other reason than they (EAG) have blown up the market on them.
                    Now if my car gets wrecked a replacement is both hard to find and financially out of reach.
                    Yes, you can insure the street cars to the stratosphere,,, but thats not free. You pay more to have the now required higher values. Again, a net loss for us E30M3 owners, a gain for the insurance vendors.
                    You cant insure race cars like that, so in the event I wad that car up,,, I ether then convert my street car to a race car or I have to start racing a different car. In the old days a new M3 shell was 7-15K away.

People are hoarding parts, thus just finding parts is hard let alone affording them. Thats a loser all around.

All in all the whole price escalation costs us who actually use the cars more to do nothing more than wake up with an e30M3 in your garage. The whole market increase only benefits the people that actually want to sell their cars.

My cars are cars / toys, not investments. I wish that they still cost between 7-15K and if they plummeted back to that value overnight in a huge market crash no one would be happier than me.
                    ^^This^^

Comment

No SIG for me.
                      I can only imagine the dialogue/explosive responses/argument/passionate points this topic brought up.

I would offer the following thoughts though -

1) Parts rarity, (IMHO) is less a factor of owner hoarding due to cost, as it is due to BMW failing to continue to manufacture parts, and/or when they do, the new ones don't work/fit/look like the originals. I mean we could write a 30 page thread just on that topic alone.
                      2) You appreciate your cars for what they are - driving machines. I think a lot of the owners at present also do, but also appreciate them because it was a "poster" car when they were growing up. We can't discount that level of enthusiasm, passion.
                      3) On the upside, as I know you're an vocal opponent of 6-cylinder swaps in these cars, I think the value has helped to preserve cars with S14's. Again, just my humble opinion.

All things fair and equal, I wouldn't have mine if they had always maintained a high value. I'll thank the E36/E46 debut for driving costs down at the time. See, those cars were good for something!

-CL
                      Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

I wonder how much the 'Call for Price' ones are? Especially the Sport Evos?

It's all gravy though.....

Comment

Originally posted by hesnotthemessiah View Post
                          I wonder how much the 'Call for Price' ones are? Especially the Sport Evos?
                          Most of their Sport Evos are around $250k or so...give or take.
                          1984 E30 323i Euro (sold)
                          1985 E30 325e (sold)
                          1988 E30 Henna/Black 2.5L
                          1988 E30 Macao Evo2 #330
                          2014 F31 328i Sportswagon
                          2017 F80 M3

Comment

Originally posted by babraham View Post

Most of their Sport Evos are around $250k or so...give or take.
                            Wowzers!! Are they selling? They seem to have a lot of them......(but then I guess people who do with to sell their's will obviously want to sell with them).

Comment

I have owned my current cars since 2006 and have had a total of four E30 M3's since my original back in 1995. I have never seen my e30 as an investment rather a passion. Same with my 930, purchased when the market was garbage. This was the car my father had back in the early 80's and again drove my passion to Motorsports. Understand your stance but please respect my appreciation of these cars finally being recognized and bringing value at the same time adding a little padding to my bank account.

Comment

Working...
                              X