Updated TPS for Maxx Alpha-N

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated TPS for Maxx Alpha-N

Has anyone updated their MAXX loom for the newer TPS with rectangular connector? My round connector TPS in intermittently failing and showing 55% throttle, even at 0 throttle. The round connector TPS is either NLA or very expensive, if it would even ship...
    "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

When did the rectangular connector come out and is anything different?

Comment

When I sent my Maxx unit in for closed loop upgrade last year I converted to the newer TPS at the same time. I believe the newer TPS is used on the S54 motor and it is far easier/cheaper to get. Martin made a small harness for me with rectangular plug end. From memory, this made it a plug and play setup in the engine compartment with no cutting/splicing. I still have the round style TPS that was working when removed if you are interested in it.
      Charley Terhune
      89 Zinno M3- stock 90k miles
      89 Zinno M3- 2.5 etc. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ///Mflossin View Post
        When did the rectangular connector come out and is anything different?
        John, on their website, there is a link for installation instructions for old Bosch style TPS, and a different link for M50 TPS. On page 6 here you can see the new TPS setup with a spacer
        http://maxx-automotive.de/ftp/alpha-...4_140600en.pdf

I'm curious if there is a performance benefit (i.e. response/accuracy) to the newer M50 TPS. If so, it might be worth upgrading. If not, I'll shell out the $400 for Bosch S38 TPS :( https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-2...tch-e34-m5-36/
        "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

Originally posted by ct_m3 View Post
          When I sent my Maxx unit in for closed loop upgrade last year I converted to the newer TPS at the same time. I believe the newer TPS is used on the S54 motor and it is far easier/cheaper to get. Martin made a small harness for me with rectangular plug end. From memory, this made it a plug and play setup in the engine compartment with no cutting/splicing. I still have the round style TPS that was working when removed if you are interested in it.
          PM sent!

Comment

Mike,
            Interesting...I just looked at this. I, too, am interested if there is any type of fidelity or improved performance to be had with the M50 TPS. Did you upgrade....any results?

Comment

Originally posted by ///Mflossin View Post
              Mike,
              Interesting...I just looked at this. I, too, am interested if there is any type of fidelity or improved performance to be had with the M50 TPS. Did you upgrade....any results?
              Emailed Martin for the new style harness but never heard from him. I got a new TPS from Charley (CT_M3) and I'm having the same drifting signal issue. Going to start a new thread about that.

Comment

Working...
              X