No announcement yet.

1990 US M3...No Spark

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't had time to face the M3.....I'll resume troubleshooting tomorrow as I'm now armed with a soldering iron in case I have to work on the ECU.

I'll open it up and report back asap !!

Thanks a lot for following up and posting progress with your issues too.

Comment

Hi all !!!

A result at last !!!!

Simply, it turned out to be the sensors near the flywheel....pulse generator !

Here in Nigeria these parts aren't readily available so I ordered them from Schneiderman in the hope that this would rectify the no start issue......good company with decent pricing. Price for each was about $126. The best price I got prior to this was getbmwparts at $155 each!

Parts arrived within 6 days.....connected everything up and installed the sensors. Car fired up first time !

I had also changed my water pump and did the double to single fuel pump conversion.....car has never run this good !

Thanks a whole lot for all the constructive responses...... I'm going to do an oil and filter change within the coming week and add some new suspension parts while I'm at it.

I love this forum !!!!

Comment

Sorry......it's Schmiedemann not Schneiderman......the perils of auto-correct!!

Comment

Working...
        X