Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody ever notice a difference in E30 M3 interior panels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody ever notice a difference in E30 M3 interior panels?

I have gone through at least half a dozen interior door cards/interior panels for E30, and I have a few that are known to be from E30 M3. I don't know if anybody has ever posted about this but I believe there is a difference in E30 M3 door panels compared to regular E30 panels. In general there may be slight differences in door panels due to when and where they were produced. I examined a bunch of door panels I had and the one main difference that I observed between the door panels that were from known E30 M3 vs. regular E30 was that the M3 ones had a double stitch type pattern in the vinyl around all the contours (vs. one). What I am referring to is the melt pattern in the vinyl that delineates the 6 horizontal areas, door handle surround, etc. All of the E30 M3 panels I currently have are "double stitched". Could this be a coincidence or is it a way to identify E30 M3 panels?

Hmmmmm......Interesting...

Can't answer your query but.....

I have a Cecotto extended leather interior and the offside rear panel fits lovely and snug and the nearside is about 19mm raised above the panel line? Doesn't bother me but still a bit odd...?

Comment

If there is a difference in the seams, then I have never noticed nor seen it addressed. Could you post pics?

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
      85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
      91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

Yes the seams is what I'm referring to. Hesnotthe, I have a new old stock pair of Cecotto gray cloth door panels but not understanding your description. I'll see about getting some pics of what I'm talking about.

Comment

• hesnotthemessiah
          hesnotthemessiah commented
          Editing a comment
          I will take some pics too.....

If there are any original owners out there that can check their door panel seams and see if they have one or two dotted lines that might help to confirm or disprove my theory.

Comment

Could also depend on pre or post facelift build date (sep 87, MY 88)

Comment

I have an early 88. Only difference I noticed was that it had a round plug that was an access to roll up windows if you needed to.

Comment

Working...
            X