Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best place to buy a 2.5 Evo 3 stroker crankshaft.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to buy a 2.5 Evo 3 stroker crankshaft.

My shop who is rebuilding my engine has talked me into doing the 2.5 upgrade since I have my engine apart, but the price of the billet stroker crankshaft gave me sticker shock!

The owner said he's cool with me trying to find a good price on one. Anyone know a good source? Best price I can find so far is $2800.

Thanks for any help.

Which billet crankshaft? Are you upgrading internals, head, etc? ECS sells the BMW Evo3 crank for $2000 but it's not in stock and long-lead.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...211315485~geb/

Comment

Are you ready for this? Going 2.5 is not just the crankshaft. It's a whole new build. As with anything NA everything needs to compliment each other. All the way from the airbox to the rear muffler. If you "choke" the system somewhere, you end up with a compromised build, and not worth the expense.

I have built my 2.5 but I still need to upgrade the intake, EFI, and exhaust. Until then I won't see the full benefits of the internals.

Comment

Yes, sorry I should have been more clear...just trying to make a long story short. My engine was rebuilt before with cams/intake/EFI/exhaust/heads done, but with stock 2.3 pistons,crank,rods. Rings never seated right and there was piston slap noise, and this is how I bought it. Since it needs new pistons/crank/rods parts anyway, and most other necessary mods are already done, I'm going with the mechanics recommendation to go 2.5 Evo III (Bullet Motorsports).

Thanks for the link to ECS. December 14 is a long time to wait, and ECS has a...ahem...less than stellar reputation. Anyone else have one in stock?

Comment

Turner or VAC may have the BMW 2.5 crank for 2500-3000 and Lang racing has a 2.5 billet crank for 3000 so your best source may be your engine shop...

Comment

Originally posted by ethirtym View Post
            Turner or VAC may have the BMW 2.5 crank for 2500-3000 and Lang racing has a 2.5 billet crank for 3000 so your best source may be your engine shop...
            The standard EVO cranks are becoming very difficult to find so billets are a good option. I am placing a big order for them now if anyone needs one. https://store.langracing.com/e30-m3-...-3-crankshaft/

AST Suspension | Facebook | Blog

Comment

11-21-1-315-485
              1990 M3

Comment

Originally posted by ethirtym View Post
                Which billet crankshaft? Are you upgrading internals, head, etc? ECS sells the BMW Evo3 crank for $2000 but it's not in stock and long-lead.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...211315485~geb/
                Looks to be available now . . .
                1990 M3

Comment

Originally posted by mwagner10702 View Post

would be interesting to know if they still could sell that for this price because that would be ~ 450 Euro cheaper then here in germany

http://www.bmwm3shop.de

Comment

I would be willing to bet the price of that crank that (a) ECS doesnt actually have access to it,,, and (b) the price if they coud get it would be wrong.
                    ECS basically lists every part of an E30M3 on their site, parts that have been NLA for years that they cant actually get
                    jimmy p.
                    87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                    88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
                    88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
                    92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
                    98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
                    04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewLang View Post

The standard EVO cranks are becoming very difficult to find so billets are a good option. I am placing a big order for them now if anyone needs one. https://store.langracing.com/e30-m3-...-3-crankshaft/
                      Andrew have you ever been asked, priced or even thought about a similar quality 2.3 crank?
                      jimmy p.
                      87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                      88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
                      88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
                      92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
                      98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
                      04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy p. View Post

I would be willing to bet the price of that crank that (a) ECS doesnt actually have access to it,,, and (b) the price if they coud get it would be wrong.
                        ECS basically lists every part of an E30M3 on their site, parts that have been NLA for years that they cant actually get
                        Normally I would agree as I have ordered parts from them (that look like they are available - typically with an "ETA" date) that have turned out to be NLA. However in this case it does say right on the page "In Stock" My experience has been if it says "In Stock" then it is in stock and available to be shipped.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Crank.JPG
Views:	190
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	1280189

If I get a chance to call tomorrow and ask I will.
                        1990 M3

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy p. View Post

Andrew have you ever been asked, priced or even thought about a similar quality 2.3 crank?
                          Nobody has asked yet but naturally it can be fine. Pricing would be the same.

AST Suspension | Facebook | Blog

Comment

If I get a chance to call tomorrow and ask I will.
                            Chatted with Anthony @ ECS / Turner. They have 5 in stock at the current time. Price is $1,912.78
                            1990 M3

Comment

really interesting
                              way cheaper then here in Germany

http://www.bmwm3shop.de

Comment

Working...
                              X