Front ABS rings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front ABS rings

just pulled my front bearings for replacement. Used the E28 bearing/hub. Planned to change out the ABS rings. Unfortunately it appears that my DAPO never changed out the rings (no wonder my ABS is not working properly). So now I need a set of 48 tooth ABS rings.

anyone have any or know where to get them? Thanks

Not available as an individual part. You're only hope is if someone has a pair hanging around. Otherwise, you'll have to buy a pair of new (or used if you can find them) front hubs.
    Ron ///Man

• '91 Gr-A Former CiBiEmme / Ravaglia - Sold
    • '90 M3 Faux EVOII Alpineweiss 36K Orig Owner - The Queen
    • '91 M3 Faux EVO III Brilliantrot Euro Driveline - The Rocket
    • '91 M3 Faux Gr-A Club Racer DM - The Alter EGO
    • '89 M3 M3T / ITR Club Racer
    • '94 Spec E36 - Eh....
    • '09 M3 - Tarmac Terrorist
    • '04 330Xi Sport 6 Speed - Snowmobile
    • '07 530 Xi - Highway Star
    • http://www.imwcarparts.com/e30-m3-parts.htm

Comment

There was a thread running a while back that I think I asked the question is the ID of the rear E30 ABS rings the same ID as the front ones?
      If yes,,, that would mean that ABS rings off of any one of a million E30 rear axles could donate its ABS rings to someone who needed a set.

I dont think we ever arrived at a conclusion of that question, but if someone has an E30 axle somewhere they can pop apart and pull the rings off.
      jimmy p.
      87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
      88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
      88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
      92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
      98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
      04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

https://s14net.vbulletin.net/forum/s...ront-abs-rings

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy p. View Post
          There was a thread running a while back that I think I asked the question is the ID of the rear E30 ABS rings the same ID as the front ones?
          If yes,,, that would mean that ABS rings off of any one of a million E30 rear axles could donate its ABS rings to someone who needed a set.

I dont think we ever arrived at a conclusion of that question, but if someone has an E30 axle somewhere they can pop apart and pull the rings off.
          Jimmy: My recollection is that the rear tone ring is an integral part of the outer CV joint, and not removable from it. I have an axle that I will check and let you know.
          Ron ///Man

• '91 Gr-A Former CiBiEmme / Ravaglia - Sold
          • '90 M3 Faux EVOII Alpineweiss 36K Orig Owner - The Queen
          • '91 M3 Faux EVO III Brilliantrot Euro Driveline - The Rocket
          • '91 M3 Faux Gr-A Club Racer DM - The Alter EGO
          • '89 M3 M3T / ITR Club Racer
          • '94 Spec E36 - Eh....
          • '09 M3 - Tarmac Terrorist
          • '04 330Xi Sport 6 Speed - Snowmobile
          • '07 530 Xi - Highway Star
          • http://www.imwcarparts.com/e30-m3-parts.htm

Comment

Anyone know if anything here works https://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/mapco-2040326.html.

Looks like the I D is right, the tooth count is right, the picture and OD are not right. But if the sensor just sees the right number of teeth......??

sent them an email. At this price maybe worth the chance

Comment

Originally posted by Ron ///Man View Post

Jimmy: My recollection is that the rear tone ring is an integral part of the outer CV joint, and not removable from it. I have an axle that I will check and let you know.
              Thanks. Im on the road until Jan, so I cant check any of mine. Would be good to know if they were the same ring (and removable)
              jimmy p.
              04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

Originally posted by gereed75 View Post
                Anyone know if anything here works https://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/mapco-2040326.html.

Looks like the I D is right, the tooth count is right, the picture and OD are not right. But if the sensor just sees the right number of teeth......??

sent them an email. At this price maybe worth the chance
                The OD matters because it impacts on the clearance to the sensor,,, and,,, I am assuming even if the spacing worked for the sensor, a difference in OD could reflect a difference in speed relative to the others.
                jimmy p.
                04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

Many years ago this site used to sell their own E30 M3 ABS rings individually.
                  https://www.ultimategarage.com/
                  They also sold E28 hubs with their E30 M3 rings already pressed on for less money than what an OE hub would have cost. (I bought a set around 2008)
                  Maybe they'd be willing to do another run of the rings. I'd buy a set if they did.

Comment

ultimate garage closed down, Steve retired.

The best bet at this point would be to take a ring and have it scanned and make a bunch of them. Only other way to get it is to overpay for the e30 m3 hubs.

Comment

Working...
                    X