Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes the 48 teeth

Originally posted by lpayant View Post
    I am interested. we are talking about the ring with 48 teeth right? I see many new hubs ( after market ) have 96 teeth.

Comment

Hi!

sorry for slow reply.

yes, I was looking for the 48 teeth rings.
      found this company in UK, which has lots of rings.
      I searched through all different sizes they are selling to try to find one I could use, but that was a no go.
      Contacted them,and they can make after drawing, or by copying one.

I also found one extra, original one, will ship it soon.

btw,the timken bearing was interesting,but thought all e28 was 96 teeth?

Comment

I bought Timken and the OD, ID diameter are the same, number of teeth a width is the same.

Originally posted by nilsp View Post
        Hi!

sorry for slow reply.

yes, I was looking for the 48 teeth rings.
        found this company in UK, which has lots of rings.
        I searched through all different sizes they are selling to try to find one I could use, but that was a no go.
        Contacted them,and they can make after drawing, or by copying one.

I also found one extra, original one, will ship it soon.

btw,the timken bearing was interesting,but thought all e28 was 96 teeth?

Comment

Hmmm. That Tim Ken bearing on amazon for $99 sure looks like it! Wish I knew about that, would have saved me $$$ and time. Seems if that one works no need to fool with making ABS rings

hopefully it saves some one in future

Comment

Imteresting.. even found fag bearings now.. FAG 713 6671 60
            is this really the solution, or are we missing something obvious here!?

Comment

Quick follow up - installed the 48 tooth rings and ABS is working like a champ!

will be putting the spare ring up for sale. Maybe it will help someone

Comment

Originally posted by gereed75 View Post
                Quick follow up - installed the 48 tooth rings and ABS is working like a champ!

will be putting the spare ring up for sale. Maybe it will help someone
                Which bearing did you use

Comment

F352C3E6-FDBB-490D-A022-7CE7608CB79E.jpeg Click image for larger version

Name:	FA84979F-860A-4BB9-844E-7F7FB76C9EF4.jpeg
Views:	3
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	1276382 Quality FAG bearing but must have the 48 tooth abs rings F352C3E6-FDBB-490D-A022-7CE7608CB79E.jpegClick image for larger version  Name:	67C568C9-4ABD-4D5A-AC69-1C502BBA4B74.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	123.1 KB ID:	1276381
                  Attached Files

Comment

I am confused - were these NLA or something? Turner has the fag bearing with abs ring, wheel bearing nut and dust cap for $60.

Edit: disregard they don't include ABS ring. Where did you find the ring?

Comment

The correct ring should be on your bearing in the car. Remove from old bearing, refit to new.

if not, good luck. You can order correct hub/bearing/ring from BMW but very pricey

With help from members, I tracked down three rings in Finland. Not cheap but got the job done.

Have we ascertained that the Timken bearing/hub part number has correct ring?

is this horse dead yet?

Comment

For future reference in case someone needs it, here's the ring swap procedure. Pretty straightforward.
                        https://s14net.vbulletin.net/forum/s...l-bearing-swap

Comment

Working...
                        X