X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gereed75
    started a topic Front ABS rings

Front ABS rings

just pulled my front bearings for replacement. Used the E28 bearing/hub. Planned to change out the ABS rings. Unfortunately it appears that my DAPO never changed out the rings (no wonder my ABS is not working properly). So now I need a set of 48 tooth ABS rings.

anyone have any or know where to get them? Thanks

• Mick
    replied
    For future reference in case someone needs it, here's the ring swap procedure. Pretty straightforward.
    https://s14net.vbulletin.net/forum/s...l-bearing-swap

Leave a comment:

• gereed75
    replied
    The correct ring should be on your bearing in the car. Remove from old bearing, refit to new.

if not, good luck. You can order correct hub/bearing/ring from BMW but very pricey

With help from members, I tracked down three rings in Finland. Not cheap but got the job done.

Have we ascertained that the Timken bearing/hub part number has correct ring?

is this horse dead yet?

Leave a comment:

• proctor750
    replied
    I am confused - were these NLA or something? Turner has the fag bearing with abs ring, wheel bearing nut and dust cap for $60.

Edit: disregard they don't include ABS ring. Where did you find the ring?

Leave a comment:

• gereed75
    replied
    F352C3E6-FDBB-490D-A022-7CE7608CB79E.jpeg Click image for larger version

Name:	FA84979F-860A-4BB9-844E-7F7FB76C9EF4.jpeg
Views:	28
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	1276382 Quality FAG bearing but must have the 48 tooth abs rings F352C3E6-FDBB-490D-A022-7CE7608CB79E.jpegClick image for larger version  Name:	67C568C9-4ABD-4D5A-AC69-1C502BBA4B74.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	123.1 KB ID:	1276381
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• mikem3cabrio
    replied
    Originally posted by gereed75 View Post
    Quick follow up - installed the 48 tooth rings and ABS is working like a champ!

will be putting the spare ring up for sale. Maybe it will help someone
    Which bearing did you use

Leave a comment:

• gereed75
    replied
    Quick follow up - installed the 48 tooth rings and ABS is working like a champ!

will be putting the spare ring up for sale. Maybe it will help someone

Leave a comment:

• nilsp
    replied
    Imteresting.. even found fag bearings now.. FAG 713 6671 60
    is this really the solution, or are we missing something obvious here!?

Leave a comment:

• gereed75
    replied
    Hmmm. That Tim Ken bearing on amazon for $99 sure looks like it! Wish I knew about that, would have saved me $$$ and time. Seems if that one works no need to fool with making ABS rings

hopefully it saves some one in future

Leave a comment:

• mikem3cabrio
    replied
    I bought Timken and the OD, ID diameter are the same, number of teeth a width is the same.

Originally posted by nilsp View Post
    Hi!

sorry for slow reply.

yes, I was looking for the 48 teeth rings.
    found this company in UK, which has lots of rings.
    I searched through all different sizes they are selling to try to find one I could use, but that was a no go.
    Contacted them,and they can make after drawing, or by copying one.

I also found one extra, original one, will ship it soon.

btw,the timken bearing was interesting,but thought all e28 was 96 teeth?

Leave a comment:

• nilsp
    replied
    Hi!

sorry for slow reply.

yes, I was looking for the 48 teeth rings.
    found this company in UK, which has lots of rings.
    I searched through all different sizes they are selling to try to find one I could use, but that was a no go.
    Contacted them,and they can make after drawing, or by copying one.

I also found one extra, original one, will ship it soon.

btw,the timken bearing was interesting,but thought all e28 was 96 teeth?

Leave a comment:

• mikem3cabrio
    replied
    Yes the 48 teeth

Originally posted by lpayant View Post
    I am interested. we are talking about the ring with 48 teeth right? I see many new hubs ( after market ) have 96 teeth.

Leave a comment:

• lpayant
    replied
    I am interested. we are talking about the ring with 48 teeth right? I see many new hubs ( after market ) have 96 teeth.

Leave a comment:

• mikem3cabrio
    replied
    Does anyone knows the OD of the E30M3 ABS ring, I have Timken 513094 bearings, it shows that it works on E28 M5 and E30M3, for what I have read above they are different, I compared to an old E30M3 ABS ring and it has the same number of teeth ID and OD are the same, what I do see is the ring are not pressed in to the same dept which might cause bad signal.

Leave a comment:

• gereed75
    replied
    As it turns out, I bought three rings and so will have a spare that could be sent out to use as a sample to take measurements from for making these. Let me know if interested.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X