X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MadsBL
    replied
    Originally posted by Majjic View Post
    Are there actually any mufflers still available with the dtm tips?
    supersprint shows pictures online. But not sure the muffler actually is.

I’m looking to switch my current set up. As I have too much drone...
    Friedrich Motorsport (Germany) have rear mufflers where you can choose the tips you want, they have dtm tips as well. I bought my muffler from them.

https://www.friedrich-motorsport.de/

Leave a comment:

• Majjic
    replied
    Are there actually any mufflers still available with the dtm tips?
    supersprint shows pictures online. But not sure the muffler actually is.

I’m looking to switch my current set up. As I have too much drone...

Leave a comment:

• basketcase
    replied
    That is a great pic! Tips look good. Glad you are happy with it.

Leave a comment:

• MadsBL
    replied
    I have now mounted new exhaust from header to rear muffler. I went for the IMASAF midle section exhaust muffler (OEM style) and Friedrich Motorsport rear stainless steel muffler with 2x70mm pipes. The sound is great and I like the look better with the new pipes on the FM muffler, nice to get rid of the extremely noisy Supersprint race exhaust.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	1278274

Leave a comment:

• Mick
    replied
    I have a VSR center section with a Borla muffler. One minor complaint is that the Borla has a lot of low end and it's very boomy inside the car, the drone can get tiring while cruising. Because it gets more pronounced at certain RPMs and I find myself adjusting my driving to avoid it. Some might think it's worth the trade-off though because it does sound awesome and it has a nice rumble at idle. It doesn't bother me so much that I would change it, but if I were starting over I would try something else.

Leave a comment:

• Majjic
    replied
    i have a vsr centre section. cant complain

here in ontario canada as of april 1st.
    no more emissions test will be needed. =)
    cat less? =)

i have a decent dual tip fk stainless muffler which i locally sourced. for cheap but has too much drone for me when warm.

ive been looking around for a dtm tipped mufffler?

any suggestions...

Leave a comment:

• rolley
    replied
    I got my Borla muffler at 4wheelonline. It has a nice sound. Loud but not annoying.

Leave a comment:

• 1990m3
    replied
    I’ve had a Borla for 19 years, great muffler, no complaints. Sounds good, looks good too

Leave a comment:

• MadsBL
    replied
    Thanks for feedback. I've got a new center section exhaust waiting for mounting, just waiting for the new rear muffler from FMS to show up from Germany. It should much more quite with this exhaust instead of the SS race exhaust..

Leave a comment:

• 808M
    replied
    Used to run the Stromung with stock center and the sound was great.

Now have a VSR center section with rear magnaflow stainless. Quite a bit louder and raspier.

-Ken

Leave a comment:

• nsubre
    replied
    Hi, MadsBL,
    I run either a Borla Stainless muffler or a Stromung stainless muffler with a stock catalyst ahead of it. The Borla is a little louder than the Stromung which I prefer. Either are not as quiet as a stock muffler. I need the cat to pass smog in CA.
    Larry

Leave a comment:

• MadsBL
    replied
    Thanks for great feedback!

I think the solution would be to remove the supersprint from manifold and back (no cat on the car), replace the mid section with an aftermarket "stock-option", and getting a New rear muffler like Stromung or Eisenmann.

I would like to have a little deeper sound from the exhaust,and it's sounds like this is the way to go then.

Leave a comment:

• BimmerBill
    replied
    I had the Supersprint race muffler on a Turner no-cat center section. It was great on the track but too loud otherwise. I switched to the Supersprint performance muffler and it is perfect, nice tone but not too loud.

Leave a comment:

• RAD2LTR
    replied
    I've got a Stromug on mine that sounds good.

Will

Leave a comment:

• alpinerob
    replied
    I am going to say what the other two guys said....
    Eisenmann "sport" exhaust for the rear is the way to go if you want to enjoy the car around town. Supersprint exhaust sounds like a honda exhaust.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X