To sell or not to sell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To sell or not to sell

My White 1989 E30M3 with 124, miles clean car, lots of history, tastefull mods, good paint. No $ has been exchanged just a verbal agreement at $55, Canadian. Am I making a mistake for letting it go? So many mixed feelings, donít drive it much, donít need the $. Got the car in 2001 and it has always been amazing to me, used to drive it lots to car shows and meets and has seen lots of wheels/tires combinations. My garage has seen many many cars from Aston Martin, RRS, 4R, E36/4, ZMCOUPE, e30Wagon, e30ix, 2002s and so on. Will I regret selling?
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Originally posted by Alejandro View Post
    Will I regret selling?
    Only one way to find out.

1988 M3
    2012 335is
    1993 Civic Si

Comment

This is such a personal decision, with so many variables, no one is going to be able to provide you any useful advice. You will have to make the decision on your own.

Comment

I am voting "Present"
        Dan

88 M3
        Black on Black

San Diego, CA
        USA

Comment

If you don't drive it much, you won't miss it much .

Comment

Thank you for all the input, will see what happens when time comes.
            sigpic

Comment

Z3 non-M Coupe with an LS will make up for a lot of missed feelings... Or I could make you a fair deal on my e46m3 wagon with everything except the flares, with Ohlins, GC mounting hardware, aluminum flywheel- all kinds of fun stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by irdave View Post
                Z3 non-M Coupe with an LS will make up for a lot of missed feelings... Or I could make you a fair deal on my e46m3 wagon with everything except the flares, with Ohlins, GC mounting hardware, aluminum flywheel- all kinds of fun stuff...
                I'm sure a sales pitch for someone else's cars is exactly what he was looking for. Good work!

Comment

I had a fleeting thought once about selling mine (very fleeting).....I decided it was not a good idea (for me anyway).

When I open my garage I still have to pinch myself (even after 14 years)
                  I absolutely love driving it and working on it
                  I would never be able to afford another one - prices probably only going to go one way anyway
                  Too much time and effort put into it to make it look and drive as good as it does
                  I still have things I want to do on it - (Group A' Exhaust manifold and exhaust system)
                  It puts a smile on everyone's face when I drive passed...as well as mine obviously

But as Ironhead says......S'up to you buddy

Good luck whatever you decide

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhead View Post

I'm sure a sales pitch for someone else's cars is exactly what he was looking for. Good work!
                    Yeah, it just slipped out. Sorry.

My concern when I have really nice, special cars is I become concerned about having them out in public with all the idiots on the road (at least here in the US.) Personally I find having something a *little* easier to replace (or that I just am not quite so attached to) is that I worry less and enjoy more... Not saying a Toyota pick up as your main ride, but maybe a balance between amazing and I can still find somewhat reasonably priced parts, (hence the clown shoe with an LS.)

And maybe I look at it a little sideways. Cars (and stuff and life) come and go. I've had a couple of s54 engined cars, they're amazing, but it's ok to me if I let someone else have that same amazing experience, because it's worth having- so I try to send stuff back out into the universe for others to have for a while, too.

(Raised by a hippy...)

Comment

If it helps you OP, I have considered selling my car a couple of times. For me, the main issue: My car is heavily modified, and getting it through the CA smog check every two years is becoming such a PITA (I have owned the car 17 years....so 8 or so smog checks thus far) that I don't want to deal with it. As I get older, it seems like two years rolls around faster and faster.

What has stopped me each time is the realization that the car is worth more to me than the $$$ I could get by selling it. Simple as that. I have years of blood, sweat, tears, and $$ in the car getting it to where I want it. My kids (now grown) have great memories of the car, rides in it, and all that....and they are outraged when I mention the possibility of selling it...that is certainly a factor as well.

But these are all personal considerations...most of which probably do not apply to you....and it brings me back to my original point that this is a personal decision you are going to have to make. Outside opinions will be of limited value.
                      Last edited by Ironhead; 03-26-2019, 03:01 AM.

Comment

KEEP the M3

LOSE the eye brows

A special thank you to:
                        archie, chutrain, carfantiti, ///M3 Terr, Jake, G2NY, Justin(OKC), Andyman746, dllance, NameIsStanley, JP, Speedvill, blyguy, MTLALEX, ///M0F01SD, Tom64, GK-E30M3, L James, ///CRISS, Das Boots, e30polak, DrWillb, Cactusjacks1, E30terry, S14E30M3 and all the S14 members who have showed support and contacted me.

Comment

Originally posted by Yan-3 View Post

LOSE the eye brows
                          can't do that...they go with the tires that are too narrow for the wheels!

Marshall
                          75 M2
                          88 M3

Comment

Originally posted by hesnotthemessiah View Post
                            I had a fleeting thought once about selling mine (very fleeting).....I decided it was not a good idea (for me anyway).

When I open my garage I still have to pinch myself (even after 14 years)
                            I absolutely love driving it and working on it
                            I would never be able to afford another one - prices probably only going to go one way anyway
                            Too much time and effort put into it to make it look and drive as good as it does
                            I still have things I want to do on it - (Group A' Exhaust manifold and exhaust system)
                            It puts a smile on everyone's face when I drive passed...as well as mine obviously

But as Ironhead says......S'up to you buddy

Good luck whatever you decide

This is my exact thought. Have had mine since 2002 and there is no way I'd sell. But then that is a decision only you can make.

Comment

I only sold my last one as I had converted it rhd and moved countries, to a lhd country. Now I have another it is staying.

I also agree the eyebrows are... Each to their own.

Comment

Working...
                              X