Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine and VIN number check

Hi All,

New to the forum and excited to be on here more often. I recently purchased an 88 E30 M3. Car needs some maintenance work but I also wanted to check if the engine block matches the VIN number. Can someone point me in the right direction for getting this done? I have the VIN and engine numbers, just need to get someone to check if they match. Any help really appreciated.

Hi Mpowerrav3,
    There are two places you can find engine numbers on an original car. The block number is just above where the starter bolts to the block, on top, and the other number is on the head, actually the cam carrier, that is seen on the intake side.just below the valve cover.
    Larry

Comment

• Mpowerav3
      Mpowerav3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you nsubre. I have the numbers actually, trying to find out if they match.

Originally posted by nsubre View Post
    Hi Mpowerrav3,
    There are two places you can find engine numbers on an original car. The block number is just above where the starter bolts to the block, on top, and the other number is on the head, actually the cam carrier, that is seen on the intake side.just below the valve cover.
    Larry
    the number on the cam carrier is actually the cars VIN.
    Marshall
    75 M2
    88 M3

Comment

Working...
    X