Redux leichtbau

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redux leichtbau

I know there was a previous post regarding this car when it was in the concept stage, but I havenít seen anything regarding it on here in the last few months since the Ďprototype/first editioní has been released.

https://www.reduxleichtbau.com/

Has anyone contacted them regarding pricing? Iím assuming itís going to be £100k+ which is way out of my price range but I do like some of the work that they have done.

Iím interested in their shell preparation and the suspension that they are using. It also looks the part, sat on the DTM replica wheels.

Iím not sure about the turbocharged engine though. Alfaholics GTA-R 290 shows that a naturally aspirated engine is more than adequate in these older cars to have fun. The S14 can be developed to give good horsepower without forced induction, but I see that they do offer the option not to bother with the turbocharger.

Anyone else have any thoughts, opinions or information on the car?

There isn't much information in the link, but just from the photos I can see they are taking a "nothing but the best" approach regarding hardware. I'm certain the pricing would be in the stratosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by ciaranthemurph View Post
      IHas anyone contacted them regarding pricing? Iím assuming itís going to be £100k+ which is way out of my price range but I do like some of the work that they have done.
      Double that. Considering the ridiculous price tag you'd expect better quality welding on the intake and some new adjuster caps on the ITB's surely? Sorry but why anyone would pay so much to rob their car of all its originality just to stick a turbo on it is beyond me. There are far nicer M3 out there which cost nowhere near as much. As for being mentioned in the same breath as a Singer? It's not even close.

Comment

I ony noticed the other day that the ITBs are in fact not ITBs. They are a set of gutted ITBs uses to make an intake manifold. The plenum has a single TB on the intake.

I mean, for fucks sake! Why gut a perfectly good set of ITBs to make an intake manifold. I think I know. Because it is easier than engineering the two possible solutions.

1, Use ITBs in the turbo application. Not easy, but doable with some advantages.

2, Manufacture a bespoke single TB plenum intake system. Much easier.

Chancers! If they make another, I would be gobsmacked.
        Sport Evo No.47

My Sport Evo Restoration

Comment

I prefer Chris Harris's/Rally Prep idea.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chris_Harris_Intake.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	182.6 KB
ID:	1278810

Comment

There is a second car in the works from Redux that will be NA. Will be interesting to see how they execute a NA engine.

Comment

Working...
            X