Leave a comment:

• /\/\ III
    replied
    Second that...

Leave a comment:

• hesnotthemessiah
    replied
    Originally posted by ///Mavrikno13764 View Post
    That is definitely one of the most detailed builds in automotive history. It has been posted in multiple forums. I know someone here or on r3vlimited sent me a link to it for download. I put it on a flash drive that I cant seem to find. If I locate it, I will try to provide it.
    Yes please!!!

Leave a comment:

• ///Mavrikno13764
    replied
    That is definitely one of the most detailed builds in automotive history. It has been posted in multiple forums. I know someone here or on r3vlimited sent me a link to it for download. I put it on a flash drive that I cant seem to find. If I locate it, I will try to provide it.

Leave a comment:

• /\/\ III
    replied
    I'll post more here. Join back the community and keep the board active. I like this board. There was a cool build years ago of a black M3, guy went over the whole car, but pics disappeared. Anybody has the link or know what I'm talking about?

Leave a comment:

• hesnotthemessiah
    replied
    Hi BTW!!

Never had a Facebook account (thankfully). I have Instagram....as someone said above.....'for instant stuff' pics etc.

But this site/forum is (for me anyway) invaluable.....although I don't always contribute....I read loads of the threads, especially the build/problem type ones.

Here's to many more years of S14.net. and the like.....

Leave a comment:

• Dave @nz
    replied
    The forum is a wonderful resource for our M3s full of helpful articles, p/n info etc covering almost all issues not to mention the help you get when stuck buy a problem, face book on the other hand covers only the here and now and from what I see no real resource to hunt up old issues like the forum has.

Just have to keep bringing new articles and info to the forum to keep people interested I think is the way to go.

Leave a comment:

• Split_S
    replied
    Same for me - wont do Facebook and haven't posted much lately but still visit the site regularly. This site is such a valuable resource.

Leave a comment:

• maxxfish
    replied
    I'm all for bringing the discussions, DIYs, build threads, and sale ads back here!

Leave a comment:

• S14Mpower
    replied
    You guys highlighted many of my reasons I closed my Facebook account.

Despite the activity being lower here, I feel like it's a comfortable place to come back to.

Leave a comment:

• basketcase
    replied
    I still think this is the place to buy a E30 M3 if you are looking. FB, CL, BAT, ebay etc are a minefield. Here you will get a honest car at a fair price. That's my feeling anyway. I don't post much, and I really should do a build thread but its a great place to visit for everything E30 M3 related. \

And I do hope people will still play around with their cars and not worry about values etc. Forget the $$ and enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• /\/\ III
    replied
    Totally cool. I learned so much from the forums research and t/s. I recently fix my no crank with a JY ignition ring find. Finding out the problem cane pretty quickly, but years ago, it would have took me ages. I lealear so much about wiring, now I'm attempting a swap in another vehicle.

Enjoyed the M3 meet ups back in the day in Jersey. My M3 wasn't starting back then (ignition wire), so I drive the E46' Couldn't figure it out for longest the M3 problem, so I'm slowly getting it together.

My M3 is pretty stock with the exception on beefier sway bars, cross drill rotors, lightened fly wheel, K&N, and chipped. I garaged it for a reason. Didn't think she appreciate really, but was I surprised, now everyone wants one. Good luck finding one, so mines a keeper. Going to get her road ready, but I got other projects going on just like anyone else.

Recently, I dropped the fuel tank, cleaned it, changed pumps and filter. Will try and upload pic or vid later.

Leave a comment:

• ///Mavrikno13764
    replied
    Hello!
    Just wanted to echo whats been said here. I also don't/won't do facebook as well.
    I do not post very much, but I do visit the forum everyday as a morning ritual at work. Helps pass the time at my desk.
    As Ironhead has mentioned, pretty much every problem imaginable has been discussed so it's very hard to start new topics/threads.

What still peaks my interest here are:
    1. For sale ads
    Parts are getting rarer so its nice to see them pop up here (Just realized, parts are probably sold via facebook and never make it to the forum)
    2. Track conquest and other racing stories
    Sadly, with more owners turning to collectors, this has declined.
    3. Mods
    Again, with the value of these cars increasing im sure everyone is feeling hard pressed to do any modifications to a new found "investment"

Sorry about going off topic. Hope you solve your fuel issues. Im sure there is some thread here that can help!

Leave a comment:

• mlytle
    replied
    Originally posted by Broken88 View Post
    Sadly, all forums are dying. Everything is moving to Facebook groups, which is terrible for build threads and DIYs. I am big into the early watercooled VW world, and vwvortex was a huge forum with insance amounts of traffic. Vwvortex has also basically died. It's very sad.
    agree. facebook and the like are all about what is "current". "here is the latest pic of my car. please tell me how nice it is". getting "likes" is the measure of social success.

forums like this are far more useful. build threads, how to threads, tech questions all easily searchable. i am glad S14net, bmw2002faq and motobrick.com are still hanging in there. priceless information sources.

Leave a comment:

• Ironhead
    replied
    Originally posted by Broken88 View Post
    Sadly, all forums are dying. Everything is moving to Facebook groups, which is terrible for build threads and DIYs. I am big into the early watercooled VW world, and vwvortex was a huge forum with insance amounts of traffic. Vwvortex has also basically died. It's very sad.
    As word comes out about how Facebook has long been exploiting its user's privacy and data for financial gain, and that is their basic business model, I wonder if that is going to change? It seems to be generation based. Older farts like me are disgusted by what Facebook has done, younger people don't seem to value their privacy in the same way.

Then there is the growing awareness of mental issues and social retardation "IRL" caused by too much time spent living in the virtual world....I am surprised Facebook is not seriously declining in use already.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X