X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HANDBLT
    replied
    Originally posted by mcubed91 View Post
    What about injectors? do I need new/larger ones? or would the stock one be okay with the new camshafts and larger bore/compression?
    What camshafts? If anything but stock you must port the head. No use in bumping CR with cams and not porting the head. Itís where all the power is in the S14. Then you will need larger injectors, MaxxAn, and a good chip to match. Scope creep 101.

T

Leave a comment:

• mcubed91
    replied
    What about injectors? do I need new/larger ones? or would the stock one be okay with the new camshafts and larger bore/compression?

Leave a comment:

• mcubed91
    replied
    OEM Mahle are 400 each
    CPs rattle sometimes JR at AFC said, Johnnie says the skirts are too short
    Johnnie is a JE dealer, and Markus mentioned JE to me
    So I getting JE 11.0:0 93.5 or 93.6
    Fyi, Johnnie says JE and Wiseco are made at the same place
    Getting new springs and valves.
    Got 284/276 Schrick camshafts

Leave a comment:

• basketcase
    replied
    This is also useful for BMW piston part numbers:

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=11_4321

Leave a comment:

• basketcase
    replied
    A quick google search yielded this

https://s14net.vbulletin.net/forum/s...ons-on-rebuilt

As in the thread, the price for BMW pistons are super expensive, that's why if it were me I would use aftermarket.

Leave a comment:

• mcubed91
    replied
    10.0:1 was what Johnnie said off the top of his head.
    10.5:1 is what I looked up
    So where would I find/part number for:
    Evo 2 euro non cat pistons at +1 oversize ? you said the dealer would know? I will stop by Seattle BMW, they are less than 2 miles from my house.

Leave a comment:

• basketcase
    replied
    If it were me, I would use aftermarket JE pistons and bump up the compression. 10:1 is too low. That's even lower than factory? If you want to use OEM BMW pistons, I would look at Evo 2 euro non cat pistons at +1 oversize, which will be found on ETK and bought through the dealer.

Back when these were new, unleaded fuel had very poor octane level so all BMW engines were pretty low compression. Now fuel has higher octane so you can run higher comp with no issues. You will get some much needed torque by upping the comp. I would go to 11:1 or more.

Leave a comment:

• mcubed91
    replied
    There was nothing wrong with the old pistons, just that the cylinders are not exactly round. So he wants to bore +1. He said the old piston would work, but there would be a rattle with just new rings.

Leave a comment:

• mcubed91
    replied
    Johnnie says I need new pistons. 10.0:1 first oversized. Does anyone, know anyone that might have something available?

Leave a comment:

• basketcase
    replied
    Pistons and crank should be fine. Need new rings and bearings as per a stand rebuild, but bores should be measured and examined to determine if just a rering and hone is acceptable. Crank should also be assessed. Can be ground 1 size under if crank is scored.

Leave a comment:

• mcubed91
    replied
    Going to take the cylinder head and block to Johnnie's Machine Shop at Autosport Seattle. What's another 3 shares of Amazon...
    The plan was to fix all my toys and retire. I might have to work a few more months...
    What next? new pistons and crankshaft? valves, springs... I am not planning to. I will see what Johnnie says.
    I ordered the oem Sachs Clutch.

Leave a comment:

• Ironhead
    replied
    What everyone else said...absolutely false economy at this point not to do a complete rebuild. If all the time chain parts are being replaced, the engine is basically completely dismantled anyway.

Leave a comment:

• mcubed91
    replied
    Yes, I am having all the rubber pieces, hoses, belts, engine and transmission mounts, center flex, shocks, shock mounts replaced.

Leave a comment:

• Ron ///Man
    replied
    At 200K, I can pretty much guarantee the bores are no longer round and every rubber piece in the engine has turned hard, so a full rebuild is a very good step as others have suggested. Pitted cams are a common problem, but generally not due to low oil level but more to contamination in the oil.

Leave a comment:

• mcubed91
    replied
    So the least I should do is: main and rod bearings and piston rings?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X