H&R Sport spring ride height reduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mlytle View Post

I have installed new Yellow Koni Sport SA's in three different E30's in the last few months. they ALL work the same way. pressurized to half their travel. I have also installed a set in a 2002. same characteristic. all of them were sourced from different vendors.

the Red Koni Sport SA's I got from GC for the E36 M3 were pressurized to full extension, but at nowhere near force that the billy sports I took out were.

the GC Koni DA's i have on my 2002/M2 also normalize at half extension.

useless data point because the dampers totally suck, but the Koni STR-T's in my E46 also were pressurized to half extension.

I have a lot of Koni's.
    That's weird. The one set I've had from GC are 'normal' in that they go to full extension sitting there. I've never seen a shock do that that didn't have something wrong with it. That's a lie, I've never had a shock do that. I've got the tools to work on and pressurize JRZs, which are twin tube- but other than the Ohlins TTX I don't like working on those type of shocks...
    Dave.
    76 M2

Comment

Originally posted by irdave View Post

That's weird. The one set I've had from GC are 'normal' in that they go to full extension sitting there. I've never seen a shock do that that didn't have something wrong with it. That's a lie, I've never had a shock do that. I've got the tools to work on and pressurize JRZs, which are twin tube- but other than the Ohlins TTX I don't like working on those type of shocks...
      Some Konis are made that way. I've never understood it.
      2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
      2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black -
      AST 4100 500/500, Fikse Profil 13
      1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
      1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
      - GC
      1989 325is Alpinweiß/Black - S50B30,GC/Koni, BBS RX, Peerless Skid, Sway
      1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black - Basket Case

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
      Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd
      272 cam, Korman driveshaft, R888s, H&R/Bilstein

sigpic