Rear Rotor hat question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Rotor hat question

Looking for some information on the offset of the rear rotor hats. I ordered a bbk from IE and the rotor hat wont seat all the way over the e brake shoes. Everything is pressed in and torqued down, the hat is bolted down to the hub but is leaving about 1.7mm of the ebrake shoe exposed. I measured the hats from the surface of the hat to the end at 52.3mm and was hoping that somebody can take a measurement of a oem rotor so I can verify that the part is either correct or not correct in sizing.

i have some junk stock rear rotors rusting outside my shop. will try to measure tomorrow if you still don't have a reply. inner hub bearing surface to edge of ebrake mating surface.
    Marshall
    75 M2
    88 M3

Comment

http://ows-cdn.tecdoc.net/otto-zimme...ad8776cfb6f4aa

total height 65mm, rotorhat face thickness 7mm -> Inside "depth" 58mm

Comment

Interesting question and probably a great answer if only I spoke German. Does this imply that there is supposed to be brake shoe material showing?

Comment

measured inside depth = 58.72mm. stock original rotor.
          Marshall
          75 M2
          88 M3

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by hardtailer View Post
              ???
              Sport Evo No.47

My Sport Evo Restoration

Comment

Originally posted by stevesingo View Post

???
                Me think Hardtailer's account may have been hacked by spammers... ;-(

And yes, 58mm depth is correct. And be aware that some shops use of the shelf hat blanks from Wilwood. Which explains why sometimes measurements are not always correct for the intended purpose.

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
                1989 M3 racecar
                e39 Touring

Comment

No hacked account, it was indeed me

It was in response to wonder boy''s post saying ' if only I spoke German' and trying to illustrate what Mortimer responded 65-7=58 mm as answer to the original question.

Comment

I will answer in Finnish next time, it is my natural language
                    Then You know what it is like to read German and English for me

Comment

• hardtailer
                      hardtailer commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You seem to have taken my response differently from how I meant it to be.
                      I apologise should I have insulted you with me posting the sketch and dimensions of the rear brake disk. It was a genuine effort to clarify the answer you had given.

• Mortimer
                      Mortimer commented
                      Editing a comment
                      This was related to an earlier comment that my link led to a German site.
                      There are people who speak different languages ​​in international forums.
                      Often the answer can be found on a foreign language site, which will require a little more effort.

Hello Bryce. Looking for E30 M3 right rear quarter panel. Or entire rear clip for a repair. I've checked Ebay and Dealerships and some dedicated dismantlers. Original owner and not interested in selling. Tks, Angelo 408-206-9663

Comment

Working...
                    X