fuel fuse and relay...HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel fuse and relay...HELP!!!

I have spent 3 hours searching this forum and goggle and no answers. The web and this site say #11 is the fuse for the fuel pump and it it 7.5. Mine is 15. Is that correct?

Next and most important, I have a 1991 and the searches all say the fuel pump relay is on the firewall under the curved plastic guard. When I remove mine, in place of any relays are 3 wires where the relays should be. Whebe.in the world is the relay!!!!

my fuel pump is not priming and there us no power th the #11 fuse. Only thing I can think of is the relay, any help is greatly appreciated!!!!
    If you have to ask what it is or what it does, you don't need it, and you will need help to install it!

Hi,
    The 3 relays are located behind the plastic panel at the over flow tank location.
    The fuel pump wiring is not designed to prime when the key is initially turned on, only when engine running or cranking when spark is present.

https://web.archive.org/web/20070216...e_box/pg-3.gif

My advise is down load the wiring manual for your year M3 incase the web site disappears in the future, print out the pages for your problem and slowly work through it.

http://wedophones.com/BMWManualsLead.htm

Dave.

E30 M3 1987
    Mini Clubman GT
    BMW E36 323 Msport
    Toyota Corona
    KTM 200EXC
    Honda CB50 (1979)

Comment

That's just it.....behind on the firewall under the long curved piece of plastic, there are no relays. Do I need to take the water reservoir out and remove the thin little piece of plastic?
      If you have to ask what it is or what it does, you don't need it, and you will need help to install it!

Comment

Comment

You have removed the wrong plastic piece. Remove the one behind the coolant reservoir, and you should find the relays.

Will
          '69 Datsun 2000 Roadster vintage race car (Street driven on a regular basis :taz
          '59 Alfa Romeo 101 Sprint (HUGE project :uhoh
          '88 M3

Comment

Working...
          X