Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was oem sparkplug tool reproduced by bmw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hardtailer
    replied
    Oops, you are right! Hadn't noticed the difference

Leave a comment:

• Alemonei
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Alemonei
    replied
    Originally posted by hardtailer View Post

Those tools are identical, they only seem different at first glance as the two parts are put together in the first picture...
    Hi, yes they are exactly the same only change is the connection pin , check pictures 2 from old type with the one you put from the new type. I don’t now how to put pictures.....

Leave a comment:

• basketcase
    replied
    Haha if we take a look at ourselves from a outside perspective, what would we think of 2 pages on the forum discussing this! It is what makes this car special, the little details.

Leave a comment:

• hardtailer
    replied
    Originally posted by Alemonei View Post
    BMW m3 e30 spark tool old type

BMW m3 e30 spark tool new type
    Those tools are identical, they only seem different at first glance as the two parts are put together in the first picture...

Leave a comment:

• jwbavalon
    replied
    I still have the original spark plug tool that came with my car (1990) and it only fits the Bosch plugs. For me, it is only for show in filling the space in the tool kit. For maintenance, I use the Lockit Sockit which fits both NGK and Bosch plugs.

Leave a comment:

• Alemonei
    replied
    I have both tools and work perfect in the original spark plugs Bosch X5DTC. And this are the only spark plug tool that everyone can buy in EU for M3 e30 I don’t now in USA or Canada....

Leave a comment:

• Alemonei
    replied
    BMW m3 e30 spark tool old type
    https://picclick.com/Bmw-E30-M3-Spar...l#&gid=1&pid=1

Leave a comment:

• Alemonei
    replied
    BMW m3 e30 spark tool new type
    https://picclick.com/BMW-S38-Spark-P...l#&gid=1&pid=1

Leave a comment:

• BMWi4
    replied
    One thing to note is that there are 2 types of oem sockets (that I know of), the workshop hazet socket and the tool kit socket.

In particular, discussing the OEM reproduction tool kit socket.

Leave a comment:

• irdave
    replied
    I bought the tool last year from BMW, it's the Hazet. Fits into the hole on the head fine, but the hex is too small for some plugs (like 0.1 or 0.2 mm.) Apparently the thin Lockit Sockit fits more of the plugs and has a good retention system... Not period correct, but nothing on my car is and I just need to be able to change the plugs.

Leave a comment:

• VintageBMW
    replied
    Originally posted by BMWi4 View Post
    The two BMW Canada retailers that I called don't want to order this part for me because they 'dont order tools'

Has anyone else had this type of experience?
    I ordered a few of them from the Edmonton dealership a number of years back and never had an issue.

Leave a comment:

• BMWi4
    replied
    Thank you for the offer, I would take you up on it but I live on the other side of the country :(

Leave a comment:

• basketcase
    replied
    Originally posted by BMWi4 View Post
    The two BMW Canada retailers that I called don't want to order this part for me because they 'dont order tools'

Hmmm, that's really strange. It's a BMW part. With a part number. Never heard of this. Are you in Vancouver? I can order you one if you like? And pickup from my place?

Leave a comment:

• BMWi4
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X