No announcement yet.

2002tii S14 swap with airbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just need to know if the products from Motorsports concepts are the same as going through John directly....

Comment

Yes, they are the same

Comment

do you have info on the Alpha N Airbox will the 48mm tr
        Bodies fit the 2002 modified air box or does it come with 48mm
        Runners also shortened?

asking for a friend

Comment

[email protected]

T

Comment

If he cant do any research how the hell is he going to complete the build??

Just pointing out the obvious...

Comment

Originally posted by Split_S View Post

but you are just "asking for a friend"....right Split?
              88 M3 Henna
              95 M3 Orange
              97 M3 Techno

Comment

Originally posted by Split_S View Post

He’s an older guy , and doesn’t get online much. ..

Comment

Originally posted by 1990m3 View Post
                  Yes, they are the same

Does the cf airbox from John come with the Alpha N ?

Comment

Originally posted by M Dialed View Post

Does the cf airbox from John come with the Alpha N ?
                    No they are separate.

T

Comment

Originally posted by HANDBLT View Post

No they are separate.

T
                      Does it ship out as a hollow cf airbox? Or is the loom or whatever is needed already in there ?

Comment

Originally posted by M Dialed View Post

Does it ship out as a hollow cf airbox? Or is the loom or whatever is needed already in there ?
                        Its just the airbox, snorkel, throttle cable bracket, and brake reservoir relocation parts.

It cannot be installed on a motor unless you have a way to remove the AFM and feed the existing Motronic a new TPS signal (MAXX AN piggyback ECU) or a complete standalone EMS is installed.

T

Comment

OP I'm going to try to not sound like a search XXXX but man you are dragging this out in the most painful way.
                          This site is loaded with all the info you are asking.
                          I think you or your friend just need pay someone to do this job turn key OR do a ground up education on the S14, Alpha N implementation, what it is, how it works, where it comes from, etc.

Its ALL in here in this site,,, and,,, all of it is duplicated on Johns site.
                          All of the information and Gigabytes more.
                          From this site alone one could take an E30M3 from a bare shell to a Gruppe A clone or a showroom restoration, all you have to do is read. Its all here.

You and your friend need to sit down and just start reading and learning about the project he is embarking on. This thread is painful.
                          Last edited by jimmy p.; 03-30-2020, 06:04 PM.
                          jimmy p.
                          87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                          88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
                          88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
                          92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
                          98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
                          04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy p. View Post
                            OP I'm going to try to not sound like a search XXXX but man you are dragging this out in the most painful way.
                            This site is loaded with all the info you are asking.
                            I think you or your friend just need pay someone to do this job turn key OR do a ground up education on the S14, Alpha N implementation, what it is, how it works, where it comes from, etc.

Its ALL in here in this site,,, and,,, all of it is duplicated on Johns site.
                            All of the information and Gigabytes more.
                            From this site alone one could take an E30M3 from a bare shell to a Gruppe A clone or a showroom restoration, all you have to do is read. Its all here.

You and your friend need to sit down and just start reading and learning about the project he is embarking on. This thread is painful.
                            I agree , but I was also under the impression that all this information was a bit scattered. Sometimes its nice to just get some fresh feedback .. Now the next question... Is it better to go to John directly or just go with Motorsports concepts dot com?

Comment

talk to John

Comment

If the basic concept of a piece of carbon fiber is this difficult, how the heck are you two going to get through the complexities of wiring up an AN system, programming it, and tuning the engine?

What Jimmy said. Y'all need to do at least some simple research.

Have you even looked at any of the 2002 s14 build threads? i suspect the closest to an A-Z "how to" on putting an S14 in a 2002 is my build thread on the 02faq. both of you at least need to read that.

Happy to help, but you have to do at least SOME homework yourself.
                                88 M3 Henna
                                95 M3 Orange
                                97 M3 Techno

Comment

Working...
                                X