As these cars age, what are important parts that need changing for safety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by basketcase View Post

08-Sep-1987 Production date. The part number for the centre bearing cross referenced to a number of standard E30 models... 325i etc.
    Lucky you!!!!!!!!

Here is the difference. New style on left, early style on right. Not interchangeable. I have an early car unfortunately.

75 M2
    88 M3

Comment

Aw man that sucks. Was it circa $300? I priced up a genuine as I would prefer to fit genuine but $300 compared to $30, and as I was paying myself to do the labour, I went $30. If it failed I could try the Rein brand for around $40...

Yes mine bolted straight in. The bearing slide on with barely any pressure, I would have preferred that to be a bit tighter but it was an INA bearing. I did damage a dust cap on removal and didn't refit that as it was too damaged.

I have a complete spare driveshaft I might build up with new unis etc and swap in when I swap in my 2.5.

For now it has put up with a really hard drive with no issues so happy to run with it as is.

I'm just learning how far you can go with your driveshaft, there is a bunch of things you can do to them other than the centre bearing and guibo.

Comment

Yep. About $300. For a bearing.
        75 M2
        88 M3

Comment

Working...
        X