No announcement yet.

New KW Coilover Kit for E30 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes 800 and adjustable dial knob compression and rebound height adjustment is the same
    mike

Comment

Originally posted by stevesingo View Post

I'd be interested in what the spring rates are.

Preload 20-60-80, main spring 70-140 the týv paper says.
      Rear spring doesnt says rates.. they use the same on many cars! its marked "2002"
      I have the "old" v2 on my car.

Comment

nilsp How do you like your “old “ v2 ?

Comment

Originally posted by evommm View Post
          nilsp How do you like your “old “ v2 ?
          Hi!

I think its fine for my road and trackday use.. but thb I havent touched any adjustments except height,so cant say much on those things..

Comment

hey guys, bumping an old thread. you guys that ordered thses, do they come with the ackerman arms? Looking to use these as a complete swap

Comment

Originally posted by heath27 View Post
              . . . do they come with the ackerman arms?
              Yes. Just bolt-on and go. Save your OEM strut housings as they are literally "gold".

1990 M3

Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your M3

Comment

sorry just to quadruple check since the shop said it wont come with this. I will or wont need this? Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 2.38.45 PM.png
Views:	116
Size:	539.9 KB
ID:	1307546
                Attached Files

Comment

So Heath, have you ordered these yet? If so have you taken them out of the box and looked at them? Same for your shop. If they have them in their hands have they looked at them?

In any case the answer is yes, the KW coilovers come with the Ackerman arms.

Here is a picture of what comes in the box.

What the KW kit does not come with are camber plates. You will need to source those if you already haven't.

P.S. If your shop is disputing the picture, you might want to find a different shop.

Click image for larger version  Name:	KW.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.9 KB ID:	1307548
                  1990 M3

Comment

Whats everyone ride review on these as im assuming a few have had time to properly break them in??

Comment

I haven't seen a single thing posted about them over on the FB page. I'm also very curious. Seems as though everyone bought a set but they're sitting in the corners of the garage..

Comment

Originally posted by Westopher View Post
                        I haven't seen a single thing posted about them over on the FB page. I'm also very curious. Seems as though everyone bought a set but they're sitting in the corners of the garage..
                        Isn’t it weird? I see little snippets buried in comments, mostly criticisms, no actual solid testimony.
                        1989 Lachs
                        1988 Lachs - sold
                        1988 DS - sold
                        Car blog
                        Bay Area M3 FB group

Comment

Originally posted by Westopher View Post
                          Seems as though everyone bought a set
                          I don't own a set.

I suspect there is / was a lot of interest at first, but little actual purchase follow-through. Most people who have gone the coil over route have already cut up up their strut housings in the conversion so they are not a likely customer, some don't want coil overs whatever the brand, and the rest of us are happy with some version of the OEM setup.

There is definitely a market for the KW product, but overall, I think it is relatively small.

1990 M3

Comment

They're installed on mine. I've not had any road use yet as the motor is being dropped in over the next month. So far so good in terms of installation though.

Comment

Know 2 owners that have them installed for about a year and their biggest complaint is that ride quality is harsh. Coming out of TC Kline the last thing I wanted was another Harsh ride so opted to go back to a normal spring / Bilstein setup.

Comment

Originally posted by pauliecarzz View Post
                                Know 2 owners that have them installed for about a year and their biggest complaint is that ride quality is harsh. Coming out of TC Kline the last thing I wanted was another Harsh ride so opted to go back to a normal spring / Bilstein setup.
                                Interesting, i wonder how many other owners feel that way.

Do you know what their previous setup was?

Comment

Working...
                                X