X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for your review, very helpful.

Comment

Any further word on these Mick?
      My Vorshlag units have collapsed..AGAIN !!! so I've order a set of the Vibra Techs.

Cheers
      Aaron

"But most of all...
      ... I like the way you move......"

Comment

I've only done 4 track days on them, but so far so good. Build quality seems great so I'm optimistic.

Comment

Thanks Mick. Mine should arrive in a few days and then I have the unenviable task of fitting them in my 5m x 3m garage.............not fun at all.

Aaron

"But most of all...

Comment

Fitted mine over the weekend without too much hassle. The threads could be half and inch shorter but taking off the bracket on the exhaust side made installation easier.
            They must be standard height as my 17cm CF airbox is once again hitting the strut brace (taken care of) and front edge of the airbox is very close to the bonnet. I'll report back once I've run it

"But most of all...

Comment

Nice. Hopefully these are stiff enough where it wont contact the bonnet. Did you get the street or race version?

Comment

I got the street version Mick but the do seem to be a lot stiffer than standard.

"But most of all...

Comment

I'll be curious to hear what you think of them. I was tempted to get a set for my street car.

Comment

Mick I would say they are no harsher than the 70 dura Vorshlag units I had in that completely collapsed on me twice. The only downside I have personally is they are taller, and I've had to "modify" my strut brace and hinge the bonnet up and the back to clear the 17cm CF airbox. You're absolutely correct about the studs being too long. For anyone buying them just stick them in a vice and cut off 1/2" of the thread to make installation easier. Exhaust side is definitely easier to do by removing the bracket from the block.

"But most of all...

Comment

Update. I removed the mounts, pulled them apart and machined 5mm off the centre section to lower the engine. Very easy to do and would probably recommend this to anyone before they fit them...oh and don't forget to cut at least 10mm off the threads while you're there.

"But most of all...

Comment

Cool. Did you happen to take any pictures of them when apart?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vibra1.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	352.3 KB
ID:	1306511 Here you go
                          Attached Files

"But most of all...

Comment

The Loctite on the 4 capscrews is ... effective !!! Hard to get them undone.

"But most of all...

Comment

Thanks, that's how I was hoping they were designed. They look good.

Comment

Thanks for the pictures!

Comment

Working...
                                X