commented on 's reply
    Nice.. lovely car!
    Rebuilding a 2.5 grA myself..

• SteveWalker
    replied
    Originally posted by nilsp View Post
    Nice driving!
    Is it a grpA spec 2.5?
    Yes it is. When Asahi Sport bought the car before the 1993 season they updated the car to the latest Group A specs, hired Anthony Reid to drive it, and the rest is history.

Leave a comment:

• Konig
    replied
    At the risk of stepping on Steve's toes, he has some great info in his older posts about the car. Here's some background on the Asahi Kiko car and its racing days in Japan.

https://s14net.vbulletin.net/forum/s...rd-for-m3-1-60

Leave a comment:

• jimmy p.
    replied
    Originally posted by RGNLM3 View Post

How did you get that much hp out of 2.5 without forced induction? Isn't that what the dtm race cars were putting out? That's incredible!

great driving btw.
    The recipe for 330 HP out of a 2.3 or 2.5 S14 race engine is pretty well known.
    The 2.3 litre Gruppe A cars were doing over 300 in 1988.
    By the end of the 1992 season there were rumors the DTM 92 last iteration engines were over 400 HP

Leave a comment:

• RGNLM3
    replied
    Originally posted by SteveWalker View Post

I think it dynoed at about 330 out of 2.5 liters. Engine was built by Terry Tinney.
    How did you get that much hp out of 2.5 without forced induction? Isn't that what the dtm race cars were putting out? That's incredible!

great driving btw.

Leave a comment:

• nilsp
    replied
    Nice driving!
    Is it a grpA spec 2.5?

Leave a comment:

• irdave
    replied
    The engine noises is this car are so much more intense than the 2002.

Leave a comment:

• First E30 M3
    replied

I think it dynoed at about 330 out of 2.5 liters. Engine was built by Terry Tinney.
    Hi Steve,

Thanks for sharing. I am sure you know your home track better than Laguna Seca if you equal the seat time on Laguna I see no problem this car to drop to 1.35-1.36min range.

Very impressed.

Regards,
    Anri

Leave a comment:

• SteveWalker
    replied
    Originally posted by First E30 M3 View Post
    Hi Steve,

Okay I got it. Yes, I thought you have Honda S2000 track car, then never mind.

What is the power out of your S14 if you don't mind to share ?

Thanks,
    Anri

Leave a comment:

• First E30 M3
    replied
    Hi Steve,

Okay I got it. Yes, I thought you have Honda S2000 track car, then never mind.

What is the power out of your S14 if you don't mind to share ?

Thanks,
    Anri

Leave a comment:

• SteveWalker
    replied
    Originally posted by First E30 M3 View Post
    Hi Steve,

1.38.9mins at Laguna Seca is Very impressive for what the car is. Is this your "home-track" ?

What is the hp you are making out of this 2.3 ?

Looks like you track s2000 as well ?. Could you please share honest feedback between the E30M3 and the S2000 ?

The S2000 advantages are several starting form the lighter engine places 100% behind the front axle, the driver is sitting further back between the wheelbase meaning better weight distribution, the rear double wishbone has also advantages on the grip etc, front double wishbone also has advantages. Track is wider. Engine power is not important in my question. I need your feedback on the rest.

1 very negative fact on the S2000 is that the car will never ever be as light as M3 due to fact being convertible...

I appreciate your thoughts.

Regards,
    Anri

Hi Anri,

My home track is Portland but I love Laguna Seca. It and Sonoma just seem to fit my cars and my driving style.

My S2000 is a sports racer:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Swift@Seattle_2019.jpeg
Views:	111
Size:	4.45 MB
ID:	1292167

It is a swift DB2 with aa Ford YAC engine. It raced in the City League years ago. It is a completely different animal than the e30. But I think you are thinking it is a Honda?

Thnx.

Leave a comment:

• First E30 M3
    replied
    Hi Steve,

1.38.9mins at Laguna Seca is Very impressive for what the car is. Is this your "home-track" ?

What is the hp you are making out of this 2.3 ?

I will be racing the S2000
    Looks like you track s2000 as well ?. Could you please share honest feedback between the E30M3 and the S2000 ?

The S2000 advantages are several starting form the lighter engine places 100% behind the front axle, the driver is sitting further back between the wheelbase meaning better weight distribution, the rear double wishbone has also advantages on the grip etc, front double wishbone also has advantages. Track is wider. Engine power is not important in my question. I need your feedback on the rest.

1 very negative fact on the S2000 is that the car will never ever be as light as M3 due to fact being convertible...

I appreciate your thoughts.

Regards,
    Anri

Leave a comment:

• Ron ///Man
    replied
    Originally posted by jimmy p. View Post

DM is the only Mod class with that large of a displacement delta.
    They could fix it easy, they just wont for some reason.
    Yup, and it's the only class where 4 cyl's compete against 6 cyl's. Very easy fix, they just would not hear of it years ago when a couple of us tried.

Leave a comment:

• jimmy p.
    replied
    Originally posted by Ron ///Man View Post
    ... and the same as DM in Club Racing against de-stroked S50/52's...
    DM is the only Mod class with that large of a displacement delta.
    They could fix it easy, they just wont for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• Ron ///Man
    replied
    ... and the same as DM in Club Racing against de-stroked S50/52's...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X