Electronic Dampers for our Cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic Dampers for our Cars?

As my project car is nearing completion and has the latest Can Bus wiring and ECU technology, I was wondering in KW or similar do a system for our cars? I see they do them for other models, but no luck in the E30. Has anyone else considered this option?
    Toby

E30 87 - S14 Turbo
    E34 90 - M5

New BMW & Mini OEM parts - www.bmminiparts.com

sigpic

Originally posted by 215m3 View Post
    As my project car is nearing completion and has the latest Can Bus wiring and ECU technology, I was wondering in KW or similar do a system for our cars? I see they do them for other models, but no luck in the E30. Has anyone else considered this option?
    E36 or E46? I think the E90 dampers will go into the E46 housings with E36 control arms. maybe they have something for the E90?

T

Comment

E30 m3
      Toby

E30 87 - S14 Turbo
      E34 90 - M5

sigpic

Comment

Bilstein has a coilover DampTronic setup (EDC in BMW speak).

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-bilstein...49-237108~bil/

Of course, you'll need a controller and, ideally, a way to program them to suit your car.

Comment

I spoke to Bilstien here in the UK and they don't have any for the E30 M3. It would require a control unit too. If the controller was using Can Bus system, I coukd fit it to my car.
          Toby

E30 87 - S14 Turbo
          E34 90 - M5

sigpic

Comment

I have a period system by Koni in my car. It has 4 damper (rebound) settings selectable through a dash mounted button (and LEDs telling the setting) and uses the same technology as supplied by Koni to Maserati in the eighties.

It was a special suspension package by Koni for the E30 M3 of which they built only a dozen or so as was told to me when I rang Koni technical support about it a few years ago.
            Springs in that package are Koni's own green lowering springs p/n 1048 Front and 1049 rear.
            It's a fast road oriented package and very capable.

Full technical description:
            http://www.maserati-alfieri.co.uk/alfieri292.htm

Would consider selling it if the price is right (think half of what a bilstein damptronic system would cost)
            I'm located in Germany, PM me if you're interested

Comment

Shocked that it never took off koni way ahead of its time
              Mike

Comment

Working...
              X