X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjustable ARB cables

Hi All, Seasonal greetings,

Hope someone can assist or advise,

Anybody have a source of reference for the length or part number of the rear adjustable Antii Roll bar cable used on motorsport suspension equipped race cars. I`m currently restoring a BTCC car Ex Labbats ( Bristow ) and then Bristow Motorsport ( Bristow ) car and need to source a rear cable.

Thanks in advance,

Dave
    E30 M3 for the Road
    & one for the Track &
    a S14 2002 for fun

Hi Dave,
    Mine is too old to have adjustable bars but I looked in the old paper Gruppe A catalog I have and came up with this part number as the only cable in the sway bar section, it was the same part number for both front and rear bars.
    I searched it on Google and it actually came up in the Gruppe A section of RealOEM.
    Looks like it might be a 2200mm cable.

Bowden cable 2200MM STABI

From:10/01/1996To:03/09/2013 (ENDED)Weight:0.222 kgPrice:Supersedes:

31352223293(10/01/1996 — 11/22/1999)

Might also be worth seeing if Ton Vink sells or makes any reproductions, as he's been building / restoring more than a few Gruppe A cars and he may have done one with adjustable bars.
    Last edited by jimmy p.; 12-22-2020, 04:19 AM.
    jimmy p.
    87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
    88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
    88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
    92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
    98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
    04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

Many Thanks Jimmy for the information.

The car has the front ARB cable fitted, so I will try and see if it will also work for the rear, and if so can then get one replicated.

Cheers,

Dave

E30 M3 for the Road
      & one for the Track &
      a S14 2002 for fun

Comment

anyone have insight on the way these were used throughout a race? are they adjusted for different parts of the track dynamically lap by lap, or just setup during practice for that race and left alone? would be cool to know why they installed them adjustable like that.

T

Comment

Hi Tom,

Very long time since I heard from you, trust you are safe and well.

I would think these are functional and adjusted by the driver to adjust for tyre deg and reducing fuel load to maintain ultimate balance, and due to changes in track conditions and tyre choices ( Slicks, Inters & Wets ). May not be adjusted every lap, but as and when driver deemed required. The extent they went to, to reduce weight, if they weren't functional then no need to carry the additional ballast around every lap.

If you don`t use yours, can I nick your rear cable ? (LOL)

You still on your same mobile no ending (44) ?

Cheers,

Dave
          E30 M3 for the Road
          & one for the Track &
          a S14 2002 for fun

Comment

Hi David

Geoff Steel are restoring an old Gruppe A car. They may have the cables to help you.
            Toby

E30 87 - S14 Turbo
            E34 90 - M5

New BMW & Mini OEM parts - www.bmminiparts.com

sigpic

Comment

Shoot an email to vinkmotorsport.com. If they can`t help you try Muzzimotorsport.com. DTM Gr.A swaybar adjustment kit • Muzzi Motorsport Telfs Tirol
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X