• they still get to tracks in 2021

color this guy shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN-6ox1Ynvw
    95' Avus Blue M3

06' Black Cayman S

07' Raven Black Escalade

Member of the Amber Corner Club

Already posted . . .

Anybody we know in this? - S14.net (vbulletin.net)
    1990 M3

Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your M3

Comment

Originally posted by mwagner10702 View Post

haven't seen a single e30 m3 since about 2010 at any of the track events i've gone to (over 25 events) so to see 5 at one single event in 2021 is pretty wild i'd say

most of these are now bought by wealthy hipsters that drive them once on the street realize they they are terrible street cars and just park them

the old days of buying them for $5-10k and tracking the shit out of them is long gone. here is what a $7k numbers matching clean title e30 m3 in driver cond looks like with 10 track days and almost 150k miles on it

95' Avus Blue M3

06' Black Cayman S

07' Raven Black Escalade

Comment

• irdave
        irdave commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd give you $7k for that... Just sayin'.

here is what a 39k mile completely original e30m3 looked like ON track a few months ago..... couldn't buy it for $7k though!
      not common, but not surprising to see an E30 M3 at BMWCCA and SCCA events around here.

88 M3 Henna
      95 M3 Orange
      97 M3 Techno

Comment

Originally posted by bmw_e30 View Post

most of these are now bought by wealthy hipsters that drive them once on the street realize they they are terrible street cars and just park them

Hey I’m not wealthy.

Comment

• mlytle
          mlytle commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL! i am not a hipster either...

My 64k mile example. On the track where it belongs.

1990 M3

Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your M3

Comment

Originally posted by mlytle View Post
          here is what a 39k mile completely original e30m3 looked like ON track a few months ago..... couldn't buy it for $7k though!
          not common, but not surprising to see an E30 M3 at BMWCCA and SCCA events around here.

is that car prototype camo on the front end that black stuff? looks wild i love it!
          95' Avus Blue M3

06' Black Cayman S

07' Raven Black Escalade

Comment

I know its not as cool as Marshall's because its got more miles on it on track than Marshall's whole car, but one of mine on track
            (I just realized I hav very few pictures of my cars actually on track).
            Click image for larger version

Name:	1377294_566899586709108_887351748_n.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	1297584
            jimmy p.
            87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
            88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
            88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
            92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
            98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
            04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

• mlytle
              mlytle commented
              Editing a comment
              Yours is probably the most well known e30m3 in the mid atlantic track world! Fast and cool!

Looks great Jimmy.
            Back in the day Magnus used to put together great profiles on members cars. I'd love to see one on your track car. Your photo to post ratio is way too low for the knowledge you bring here.

Same with Ironhead, I don think I've ever even seen his car.

Comment

• jibbajabba
              jibbajabba commented
              Editing a comment
              This! Ironhead is local to me, and I don't think I've ever seen his car. Maybe on a drive circa 06-08...not positive though

Thanks guys, thats an old photo too, I still had the old COM classing on it. I'll have to get some updated ones this season.
            jimmy p.
            87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
            88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
            88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
            92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
            98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
            04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

we usually have 10-12 at VIR full in the spring and in the fall. Can wait to get her back out this year with taking three (3) track events (road atl, VIR, CMP) to get it to where I could do a whole session. Never really got anything in good without a mechanical or just finding shit that was not done right or FUBAR. Anyway, I turned 6secs faster at VIR full with only one good lap at a time due to cooling issues.

Name:	Unknown.png
Views:	357
Size:	3.68 MB
ID:	1297606

Name:	Unknown-1.png
Views:	358
Size:	4.48 MB
ID:	1297605

Comment

Yes, mine is one of the white cars from that day.

https://youtu.be/VwLMjjsw0LE
                Attached Files
                Dan

88 M3
                Black on Black

San Diego, CA
                USA

Comment

Originally posted by HANDBLT View Post
                  we usually have 10-12 at VIR full in the spring and in the fall. Can wait to get her back out this year with taking three (3) track events (road atl, VIR, CMP) to get it to where I could do a whole session. Never really got anything in good without a mechanical or just finding shit that was not done right or FUBAR. Anyway, I turned 6secs faster at VIR full with only one good lap at a time due to cooling issues.

Name:	Unknown.png
Views:	357
Size:	3.68 MB
ID:	1297606

Name:	Unknown-1.png
Views:	358
Size:	4.48 MB
ID:	1297605

yes it looks like its riding high because it has EVOIII front fenders and I only set my cars up to stock ride height to keep all the geometry correct. drives like a dream that way, well not this one yet LOL, the new MCS 2WR has not even been changed from standard off the shelf settings. hahaha my first few sessions out on it it, felt all out of whack, the canisters were empty! Luckily I had my MTB shock pump with me and I pumped them up to standards PSI's. I need to empty this winter and refill with nitrogen and get that dialed on the next time out.

T

Comment

Your car's looking great Tony. 6 seconds is a mountain of time. What is the 2.7 making for power, and how does it feel?

I don't have many on track pics either. This is one of my favs of Jimmy and I at WGI in 2010. Hard to believe this was over 10 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
                      Your car's looking great Tony. 6 seconds is a mountain of time. What is the 2.7 making for power, and how does it feel?

I don't have many on track pics either. This is one of my favs of Jimmy and I at WGI in 2010. Hard to believe this was over 10 years ago.
                      It pulled 285whp on 93 pump at 7k the last time it was on the dyno, but we still had many many issues with fueling, cooling, shit falling off of it inside and out etc. I got it cooling properly the next day at the track, but then it was over cooling, and I had to tape off the oil cooler, and half of the grills to get heat into it lol. So many things to shake down, and get right, when you have this much done/changed at one time.

With the GrpA trans and still on the 4.10 diff, I was running out of gear/revs 3/4 down the back, and at the kink (since you come off hog pen at 100mph) on the front at VIR. I need to have a 3.91 or 3.73 diff build this year. VIR is the only track that this will happen at (other than RA) for now so that can wait this season.

The above power was with a head that is only GrpA ported, 312/292 MS cams, and I now have a DTM head to swap in along with 49.5mm slides and going 320/304 MS cams. Should get over the 300whp mark pretty easily on pump gas. Might tune it for race gas as well and just have a map switch and ethanol compensation in the car. Don't know yet. I wanted to go E85 but it wouldn't last 20-30mins on a tank if I did.

It needs another half season of shakedown, to get it where I can just play with it on track, and get seat time. I can't wait for this year. Its going to be fun as hell. Almost all of the major

T
                      Last edited by HANDBLT; 01-18-2021, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X