Suggestions for replacement Supersprint muffler tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for replacement Supersprint muffler tips

i ended up with a Supersprint muffler from a client, but it has the DTM style tips, and that won't work for me. any suggestions for a replacement muffler tip that doesn't have "ECS Tuning" written on it, or look generally cheesy?

thanks in advance.
    Autobahn Motorsport - Restoration and Service - Portland, Oregon
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3 M | '11 328xi-t

I like the dim tip it adds to the racing dna of our cars

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
      i ended up with a Supersprint muffler from a client, but it has the DTM style tips, and that won't work for me. any suggestions for a replacement muffler tip that doesn't have "ECS Tuning" written on it, or look generally cheesy?

thanks in advance.

When I did the side exit exhaust on my race car I needed a few pieces of polished stainless tubing, one to make the tunnel and one to exit the muffler and I am 99% sure I found all the pieces I needed at Summit Racing.
      I either bought some extra long polished exhaust tips and cut them to my needs or they had polished stainless sections I can't remember.
      I think it was I found two generic exhaust tips and cut them to what I needed.

Just a quick search for polished exhaust tips on Summit
      https://www.summitracing.com/search?...exhaust%20tips
      Last edited by jimmy p.; 01-20-2021, 07:41 AM.
      jimmy p.
      87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
      88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
      88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
      92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
      98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
      04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy p. View Post

When I did the side exit exhaust on my race car I needed a few pieces of polished stainless tubing, one to make the tunnel and one to exit the muffler and I am 99% sure I found all the pieces I needed at Summit Racing.
        I either bought some extra long polished exhaust tips and cut them to my needs or they had polished stainless sections I can't remember.
        I think it was I found two generic exhaust tips and cut them to what I needed.

Just a quick search for polished exhaust tips on Summit
        https://www.summitracing.com/search?...exhaust%20tips
        thanks, Jimmy - i appreciate it.

while i respect the racing heritage behind these cars, i can't get behind the DTM tips on a street car - it looks silly to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
          while i respect the racing heritage behind these cars, i can't get behind the DTM tips on a street car - it looks silly to me.
          The real truth of the matter is most of the E30M3 race cars used the side exit exhaust.
          I think I read they only used the full exhaust to the rear when they had DB issues or series where the rules mandated it.
          I know in BTCC the rules changed I think between '89 and '90 seasons and the fast teams immediately switched to side exit as soon as the rules allowed.
          jimmy p.
          87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
          88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
          88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
          92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
          98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
          04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

I wish I had some money to blow and I'd be shipping a new straight tipped ss muffler to your house so you'd ship the dtm muffler to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Westopher View Post
              I wish I had some money to blow and I'd be shipping a new straight tipped ss muffler to your house so you'd ship the dtm muffler to me.
              if you're serious, let's talk - i'd love to not have to cut the thing up.

Comment

Interested to see what you find Austin. I am on the same path with my Borla exhaust. Would like to replace the finned tips and go with a simple polished tips.

Comment

A year ago, I would have killed to find this exact muffler lol

I ended up making my own DTM tips from some bends sourced from summit

Comment

Working...
                  X