Clear All

Brake Caliper Rebuild

Fun...

Bead blasted and then Vapor-Honed

Fresh Zinc before the Chromate

Voila

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
      What's the timeline here, is this project done and we're reliving your fun and pain in retrospect? Either way keep it coming.

Too bad about the rain gutters. As far as I know those are NLA. Let me know if you source them.
      Relived my first 8mos of pain with the car in 2020. We're about current now with some more pics to come. The rain gutters appear to be available but roughly ~260/ea side :(

Current status of the car as today

Panels Primed

Body is up next!

Cowl Repaired

Comment

Motor came back from the shop.. unfortunately I had to send it back as the O-rings I ordered for the lower timing guide came back uninstalled, sealed in bag from BMW......

Started to add accesories and then I found the missing o-rings

More freshly plated goodies and bolts

Chased the threads for exhaust stud install

Timeserted the starter based on many recommendations on S14.net!

Comment

Freshly rebuilt starter installed Above ^^
          PS Pump and AC Compressor came back from Jay Stratton and they're pieces of art!

Original

Restored

PS Pump

Comment

Pretty wild to see the sludge inside of the old ABS pump!
            Before/After

Sludge from MY old pump 145k miles

Glad I went ahead and had this redone, hats off to Jordan as his work is absolutely top-notch!

Comment

That ABS sludge makes me wish I had sent mine out, yikes!

Assuming you're going with a CF box, you're going to need to rotate your dipstick another 45 clockwise. It should peek out above your alternator. Example:
              https://s14net.vbulletin.net/forum/s...60#post1298760

Comment

That ABS sludge makes me wish I had sent mine out, yikes!

Assuming you're going with a CF box, you're going to need to rotate your dipstick another 45 clockwise. It should peek out above your alternator. Example:
                https://s14net.vbulletin.net/forum/s...60#post1298760
                I have a carbon plenum but it is OEM replica that I may toss on but no Alpha-N Carbon box so I wasn't sure if I'd still need to rotate it or not but I did read that. Sadly I've removed it all as the motor is back for the o-ring install. I have my older rubber blocks for the intake manifold. Is there a tell-tale way of determining if they need to be replaced? They seem to be NLA so wasn't sure the preferred method for the TB gasket/rubber block?

Chris

Comment

Omg your awesome if you feel like doing it again I will supply an apartment and a car to use site see NYC and do my car !!!
                  great work Mike

Comment

Some more Zinc fun, inner door handle/lock releases

Completed

"some" of the assorted hardware arrived thanks to Paul at Maximillian!

Throughout the process, I've been accumulating a few to many sets of wheels... wife thinks its an addiction which she isn't "wrong"..
                    17x8 ACS

BBS RS212

Set of TE37's because I'm a JDM guy at heart

aaaaand... these.. I swear I'm done buying wheels for this car I've yet to drive.. :/

Comment

I’m serious

Comment

Trying to figure out what to do with this next..

Might send it to Jordan or I might just re-wrap what's there and call it good as the harness in in great shape aside from some heat-tubing that is very brittle.

Comment

Originally posted by evommm View Post
                          Omg your awesome if you feel like doing it again I will supply an apartment and a car to use site see NYC and do my car !!!
                          great work Mike
                          Hah! Thank you, Mike.. I need to get through this first one! I will say this process of going front>back and truly touching each nut/bolt has been a very rewarding experience. I think everyone knows how quickly projects spiral out of control and you all get front-row seats. Once the car is back from paint the rear subframe gets pulled and the underbody gets a thorough detail & wash prior to the "rebuilding".

Will post a few more pics as I have loads of parts that I've accumulated but will let the dust settle and hopefully everyone enjoys. Sorry as it is picture heavy

Chris

Comment

I don't know the answer to the TB block question and didn't realize they are now NLA. That sucks.

Love the TE37s. What size and offset are they? When your wife is ready to throw you out of the house I'll buy em.

Comment

I don't know the answer to the TB block question and didn't realize they are now NLA. That sucks.

Love the TE37s. What size and offset are they? When your wife is ready to throw you out of the house I'll buy em.
                              Bahaha.. That may be sooner than I'm expecting.. 17x8.5 +15

These were one of the remaining sets left as the molds were supposedly trashed. However it looks like they're resurrecting the mold and may be able to order a set again from Volk as they have a new ETA of 2021?!

Comment

Excellent work and the plating looks superb.
                                The harness is easy as, lay it out in the sun then photo and de-tape and clean it all down with meths inspect the terminals and connections and apply new cloth tape correct type not the under dash tape.

E30 M3 1987
                                Mini Clubman GT
                                BMW E36 323 Msport
                                Toyota Corona
                                KTM 200EXC
                                Honda CB50 (1979)

Comment

Working...
                                X