Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dudley123 View Post

Bahaha.. That may be sooner than I'm expecting.. 17x8.5 +15
    That's great that they don't need spacers. Someday I need to transition my track car to 17" wheels and have been casually looking for the perfect wheel. Ideally they would be 17x8, but 8.5 is close enough and those would look rad. Since I'd need to buy 4 sets cost would be an issue though :| I assume these are nowhere near the $250/wheel range that the Apex ARC-8's are. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
      That's great that they don't need spacers. Someday I need to transition my track car to 17" wheels and have been casually looking for the perfect wheel. Ideally they would be 17x8, but 8.5 is close enough and those would look rad. Since I'd need to buy 4 sets cost would be an issue though :| I assume these are nowhere near the $250/wheel range that the Apex ARC-8's are. Haha
      Yessir! That was my goal, no spacers. I love the ARC-8's and the cost you cannot touch as you know. Unfortunately, yes, the TE's are ~750/wheel I believe.

Comment

nice work. you're doing the job that i wish i could afford to do to mine. thanks for sharing.
        Portland, Oregon
        '88 M5 | '88 330is | '89 M3

Comment

Here are some pics from the Intake Manifold rebuild.

Quite a bit of built-up grime. Pulled the throttle plates, springs, ordered new Sealed SKF needle bearings thanks to Brandons write-up on here.

I took a ton of pictures so I'd remember how everything went back together as there are a lot of spacers, springs and doo-dads. Take special care removing the throttle plate screws as they're staked from the factory. I was able to remove them without much hassle but remember to debur on re-install as I've yet to find any suitable replacements. quick Dab of red loctite on each one and I re-staked as best I could. Need to ensure you do not bend the bar when re-staking so special care in providing support from underneath is needed.

One Vapor honed vs original

All Finished

Comment

Had the Alternator rebuilt and restore and zinc'd the pieces.

Fresh zinc'd pulley, blasted case and plated fan!

Comment

Hi, your work is Looking very good.
              Did you reuse the throttle screws and did it pose any problems unscrewing them and what tooling did you used to extract the throttle shaft bearing.
              Thanks.
              Dave

E30 M3 1987
              Mini Clubman GT
              BMW E36 323 Msport
              Toyota Corona
              KTM 200EXC
              Honda CB50 (1979)

Comment

Originally posted by Dave @nz View Post
                Hi, your work is Looking very good.
                Did you reuse the throttle screws and did it pose any problems unscrewing them and what tooling did you used to extract the throttle shaft bearing.
                Thanks.
                Dave
                Thanks Dave!
                was able to reuse the throttle screws. It was tight removing them but I was able to remove, chased the threads and all was good. I was a bit nervous not going to lie but all seemed to go back together just fine.

I used a small blind hole bearing remover. (slide hammer)

Comment

Nice work, throttles came up nice! I’m going to tackle this soon too so some good tips here.

Comment

God I miss build threads like this. Nice work, can’t wait to see it completed!

Comment

Originally posted by pkeigan View Post
                      God I miss build threads like this. Nice work, can’t wait to see it completed!
                      Hah! Yes, I miss them as well. FB posts are great you can't follow along which makes finding any info beyond miserable. I wish we had more traffic on S14 as I'm sure back in the day but I'm thankful for the wealth of info I can glean from others build threads!

Comment

After purchasing a replica Sport Evo wing after many saying it was fine, I quickly realized my initial concerns were true.. It didn't fit right, nor did the OEM Gurney flap. I'm sure it could have been massaged but at this point in the process and how far I've already gone... I pulled the trigger.

OEM Sport Evo w/Flap

Went up to the body shop to drop off the wing and snapped a few pictures of the current stage. Sounds like paint goes down next week! Hoping to throw a gopro in the booth for a video, hopefully more to come

Plan is to mimic the factory spray pattern behind the fenders and underbody and fade in a bit of overspray on certain spots.

Excited but also nervous as the reality of re-assembly is setting in and doing so without scratching anything is going to be a nightmare me thinks..

Comment

A couple nicks here and there will just make you feel better about driving it. Amazing work so far. The pursuit of perfection is futile, and it doesn't need to be there to be absolutely amazing!

Comment

agree with this, im so anal and it just means you end up with a museum piece to look at not drive and enjoy. I have to come to terms with what im doing now with the restoration might need to be redone in 5 years or so

Comment

I love the commitment! Very keen to hear what you think about the KW's - they seem like a great option to replace the factory strut
                              JUNGL3

333i Sport - Alpina M52 3.3, E30 M3 5 Stud

Comment

Originally posted by JCGus View Post
                                I love the commitment! Very keen to hear what you think about the KW's - they seem like a great option to replace the factory strut
                                Me too. They’ve been out a while but I haven’t really seen any informative feedback here or on Facebox.
                                1989 Lachs
                                1988 Lachs - sold
                                1988 DS - sold
                                Car blog
                                Bay Area M3 FB group

Comment

Working...
                                X