89 Zinno Nut & Bolt Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Konig View Post

Me too. They’ve been out a while but I haven’t really seen any informative feedback here or on Facebox.
    Will follow-up once I get her on the road! Will be uploading a few pics shortly but the paint is coming along great!

Ordered all new door seals, window trim clips, rain-gutter trim for reassembly.

Comment

Where did you find the elusive rain gutter trim? I had to source them used last fall. They had been NLA for a long time as far as I knew.

Comment

Originally posted by dudley123 View Post

Will follow-up once I get her on the road! Will be uploading a few pics shortly but the paint is coming along great!

Ordered all new door seals, window trim clips, rain-gutter trim for reassembly.
        The front door window guide seals have been unavailable for a long time, BMW AG just got 1000 of the drivers side ending 781 in stock and they are due to get the passenger side 782 tomorrow so if you have not already, order them as I believe a lot of them are allocated already. I ordered a set as its one part for my resto I have struggled to find anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by babarabus View Post

The front door window guide seals have been unavailable for a long time, BMW AG just got 1000 of the drivers side ending 781 in stock and they are due to get the passenger side 782 tomorrow so if you have not already, order them as I believe a lot of them are allocated already. I ordered a set as its one part for my resto I have struggled to find anywhere.
          Edited.. Thank you for the heads up! I didn't have those on the parts list but will grab them now

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
            Where did you find the elusive rain gutter trim? I had to source them used last fall. They had been NLA for a long time as far as I knew.
            065 and 066 are available. 2 of each side left in the US

Comment

Thanks. How are you guys checking the inventory?

Comment

I just call my bmw parts dealer and they have insight into stock levels in US and Germany

Apparently there's 1100+ Drivers side window guides in Germany with an "ETA" of the 4/30 for the passenger sides.

Comment

With the car away, I turned to the engine harness. Many connectors were in good shape but the wire tubing and "heatshrink" turned to hard concrete encase many of the wires.
                  Many seem to simply re-wrap their harness in fabric tape but I feel it needed more attention.

Went out in the Sun which help loosen things up and off the old Tessa tape comes..

All new 2, 3, 5 way JPT plugs & terminals were sourced along with OEM boots. Will be using 1/8, 1/4 and 1/2" DR25 heatshrink along with 4:1 ATUM adhesive lined shrink on transitions and as added stress-relief at junctions and plugs. I will wrap a portion of the harness in Tessa once complete but this should look better and last much longer.

Goodbye Old shrink

Laid out for surgery

All depinned!

Stripped to the Firewall Elephant boot.. Salvaging the top section with the Rest receiving DR25 down to each OEM connector.

This isn't going to work....

Comment

Stopped up to the guys at JMI last week. Insides of panels were sprayed! Exciting to see the first coats of color going down.

Blocking the body once more before color goes down!

Heatshrink arrives tomorrow just in time for a rainy weekend so I'll try to get out into the garage and make some progress on the harness.

Comment

I worked for BMW for 20 years so there’s contacts, but any dealer can tell you stock level then also if you email bmw classic with a part you’re trying to find they can tell you about a status. For exempt those window guides, they knew they were in production and what the eta was, dealers don’t know that

Comment

Car is looking great!

Comment

Build threads are the best!
                          @slowprogress

Comment

Originally posted by JZM3 View Post
                            Build threads are the best!
                            I love them! Shame that you don't see many anymore but I never get tired of watching the process.

Comment

Working...
                            X