X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excited to get my interior back! Sneak peak below:

Comment

SEM was a great match against the OEM trim

Removing the rear subframe and diff to replace all bushings but also prep for the dry-ice blasting on the undercarriage.

Cut a thread and tossed a bolt in to tap the bushing out, worked like a charm.

Filthy.. 30yrs of grime, you know the drill..

Here we go!

ColdJet Aero
      Aftercooler

Monster 150cfm compressor

Let's blast!

Blasted these as well

Here is the end result. 700lb of dry ice pellets later and about 7-8hrs of blasting, my neighbors hate me.

In frciking sane.. That sweet sweet factory overspray and tan underliner!

Comment

Restored the windshield washer nozzle system. NOS Harness and brand new hosing and clamps were used.

Redid the engine bay body harness. New Tessa and brand new OEM Plugs & connectors. Also converted to the Euro pigtails

This needed a lot of help

Comment

Front Bumper going back on

Some gorgeous french yellows

Sunroof panel rivets

Roof Panel back in

Zincing some things while I wait for parts to arrive..

New foam, prepping for dash install

Comment

great progress you've made. keep the posts coming!
            Portland, Oregon
            '88 M5 | '88 330is | '89 M3

Comment

WOW, this is magnificent!
              "Just road, seat, ASS; THE END!" - Jeremy Clarkson
              "If you had a choice between a million dollars and world peace, what would you get for your E30 M3?" - ItsNotTheNissan
              onfirelabs.com twitter.com/suga_shane

Comment

Amazing!

Comment

Man great build thread!!

I would live to do something similar to mine! Is your zink plating / and media blast system somewhat home made??

Comment

Hey MtlAlex , yes, the Zinc setup is all done via 5gal buckets that I'm able to setup and take down as space is needed. fish tank heaters and aquarium pumps with an amazon power supply. The Media cabinet is a harbor freight special. Works great, just seal the edges with silicone and you're good to go. 150 bucks all in I think with the glass beads assuming you've got a decent compressor.

https://caswellplating.com/electropl...ting-kits.html

Comment

Originally posted by dudley123 View Post
                      Hey MtlAlex , yes, the Zinc setup is all done via 5gal buckets that I'm able to setup and take down as space is needed. fish tank heaters and aquarium pumps with an amazon power supply. The Media cabinet is a harbor freight special. Works great, just seal the edges with silicone and you're good to go. 150 bucks all in I think with the glass beads assuming you've got a decent compressor.

https://caswellplating.com/electropl...ting-kits.html
                      Thanks! Il look in to that! I dint wanna dive as deep but would be fun to try and do a few parts here and there

Comment

• dudley123
                        dudley123 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Aside from the neighbors thinking I'm cooking something in the garage, it's really been kind of fun!

Wow- I somehow just now stumbled on this thread! Incredible work- glad the KWs went to a good home.

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                        Wow- I somehow just now stumbled on this thread! Incredible work- glad the KWs went to a good home.
                        Thanks for the kind words! The KW's hopefully are exactly what I need

With the rear subframe all finished, I wanted to knock out the wheel liners back to an OEM finish. Sean and the guys at JMI recommended Upol Raptor liner, was going to let them do it but after reading a bit more on it, it seemed to be very easy to apply. Down another rabbit hole we go!

Factory undercoating scuffed in solid places and grinder taken to any loose areas and then 120grit sanding disc across the entire well before Acid priming
                        Couldn't handle this

Covering the car.. AGAIN

Going for the factory black lining texture with visible brush strokes around the seams.

Primed

Boom

Turned out fantastic...

Comment

Fresh powdered subframe/trailing arms

Fresh Zinc'd goodies
                          Before

After

Fender screw caps

Needs to be trimmed down but you get the idea

Dash is finally back in!

Need to unf*ck the aftermarket harness to install the factory 5908 radio

Also finally found the tiny little 8mm external retaining clips that I list when refreshing the wiper assembly

​​​​​​​

Comment

Almost don't even want to install these on the car but man they're nice!

NOS Hella Schwarz Headlights, still brand new in the boxes.

Subframe is now back in the car! Refreshed Diff pics upcoming

Comment

Awesome build!

were those black rivets you used on the rear roof trim available, I remember them being tricky to find many years ago...

I'm preparing parts for a future retirement-rebuild, if you would be willing to share a source I would likely buy a few of them just to have when they're needed

Noticed you reinforced the front subframe but not the rear, what's the consensus on s14.net? assuming the s14 engine is adequately designed for the rear that it doesn't need reinforcement?

Comment

Working...
                              X