• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivers side won’t lock door with key

Hey guys and gals

my drivers side door looks and unlocks from inside the car

I can unlock the door with the key from the outside

I cannot lock the door with the key from the outside

I unhooked the actuator and did not solve the issue. Key won’t lock the door, I hear some sort of relay when I turn the key to the right but it isn’t physically locking the door ..

please help. Much appreciate!

Subscribed I have the same exact issue thank god I have an aftermarket alarm system that opens and close automatically
    let us know what you come up with
    Mike

Comment

Sounds like it might be the central locking unit. I've had one or two go bad over the years. Check out the following link, it maybe some help:

https://www.e30zone.net/e30wiki/inde...cking_problems

1989 E30 M3 Cabrio - Nogaro Sliver / Black - 1 of 786
      1990 E30 M3 - Sterling Silver / Black
      1991 E30 318is - Sterling / Black (Mtech II project)

Comment

Originally posted by evommm View Post
        Subscribed I have the same exact issue thank god I have an aftermarket alarm system that opens and close automatically
        let us know what you come up with
        Mike

what after market unit do you recommend
        Will definitely post what I figure out

Comment

Originally posted by L James View Post
          Sounds like it might be the central locking unit. I've had one or two go bad over the years. Check out the following link, it maybe some help:

https://www.e30zone.net/e30wiki/inde...cking_problems
          ordered new one from FCP euro. Will let you know if it works. Thanks for the advice! I was thinking that may be it since the trunk doesn’t lock the doors either ..

Comment

Viper not sure of the model but it’s at least 7 years old my new to me 99 911 aero has a viper newly installed that is very sensitive but I need it living in NYC

Comment

I just went through this as well. I got a lock rebuild kit (https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...ft-51219061343) and found that a lever (dark part on the right side of linked picture) had split. I kept my old tumbler, but replaced everything else and it is working well again.
              -kevin

Comment

Sounds like a worn tumbler as above or Central locking.. Do your doors lock/unlock from the trunk (tests central locking unit I believe)

Comment

Central locking unit was faulty. Replaced and everything works perfect now. Bought from FCP euro
                  thanks for the help guys!

Comment

Working...
                  X