Pitted window trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitted window trim

Has anyone repaired these? The realoem takes me to a plastic part whereas ours are metal.

Pitted window frame
    Attached Files

Comment

Why do you say they are plastic ? I bought a full set a year ago and they were metal.
      You can always just remove and repaint.
      This space is a sanctimonious shit free zone.

Comment

• SNWMBL
        SNWMBL commented
        Editing a comment
        My mistake - I think they just looked plastic in adverts. Did you get them from ECS? Were they difficult to remove/replace?

Sand the pitting down/out. Acid etch primer and then hit them with some SEM 49133

Comment

I bought new from a dealer. Haven't installed them yet, part of a long term rebuild
        This space is a sanctimonious shit free zone.

Comment

To remove/replace those center trim pieces you first need to removal of the lower trim with the gasket and upper on top of the door. Make sure to lower the glass before starting and also remove the side mirror from the inside with 8mm socket. The lower trim with gasket can be tricky as you dont want to damage the paint, make sure to tape the paint to reduce the chances of damages. The upper trim may also require the removal of the upper door rubber gasket. The trim itself is held in place with metal clips that often break so make sure to purchase spares. You may also need to partial pull down the window channel guide gasket.

just take your time and be patient.
          The E30 M3 Renewed ~ Rebuilt ~ Re-engineered

www.ZeppieriMotorsport.com

E30 M3 Rebuild Thread

Comment

Working...
          X