265/5 Getrag donor / Dogbox I promise I searched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 265/5 Getrag donor / Dogbox I promise I searched

Drenth calls for a 265/5 core for their 6 speed Prodrive Replica gearset. Does anyone know if t his kit will fit the US box? Alternatively, does the Samsonas kit fit the US case? I did a lot of searching but it didn't reveal much. I emailed a preferred distributor but curiosity has me here before they've replied.

This is purely heresay but I did not believe that Samsonas required only a 265/5 core to start.
    I have always thought their kit works in the 265/6 as well.

Drenth I was not aware required a core of any kind, thats the first time I am hearing that. Ahhh reading that closer for the Prodrive replica... I didnt even know they offered that
    jimmy p.
    87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
    88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
    88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
    92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
    98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
    04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

Jimmy, the US box is 265/6 ? I'll keep poking around. This is a bummer I didn't want to source a dogbox just to use it as a core.

Comment

Wonder if it needs the 265/5 to get the Historical Passport yadda yadda yadda. And for most of the world the 265/5 is the common box...
        Dave.
        76 M2

Comment

Yes it requires the 265/5. There is an extra piece that goes in between the casings, similar to how the Samsonas 6 spd boxes are engineered, and the 265/5 and 265/6 don't share the same bolt patterns between the middle/rear casings.

Comment

MMMMMkay, I'm gonna need you all to stop talking about this stuff, or I will wind up buying it and ultimately getting divorced, and it will be your fault.

Comment

I have the Samsonas, it’s on my bench. I’ll send picks of the case number later. I believe it’s a US spec gearbox with Samsonas guts that I have

On a side note — it’s awesome. Tight gears, constant rpm band power and its a game changer

Dave

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGt--2VXJCs
                Dave.
                76 M2

Comment

Originally posted by craz azn View Post
                  Yes it requires the 265/5. There is an extra piece that goes in between the casings, similar to how the Samsonas 6 spd boxes are engineered, and the 265/5 and 265/6 don't share the same bolt patterns between the middle/rear casings.
                  Thanks Rudy. (even though that's bad news!)

Comment

I think that video title is misleading. I think that's this car-

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/nd63ykl/

The floor pan and driver position are more 318ti than E30. Brutal acceleration

I was so excited to get a transmission core with this shell.. now it looks like I won't even use it :(

Comment

Looks like a sequential in the video. That’s another animal all together. Last time I priced it the gearbox was 15k.

Comment

That’s the issue I’m up against. I want it. But dog gears are loud and my car is primarily a street car. I don’t want to spend that kind of money only to hate it. (Not talking about the sequential here, just the 6 speed conversion)

Comment

Originally posted by peteb View Post
                          Looks like a sequential in the video. That’s another animal all together. Last time I priced it the gearbox was 15k.
                          Nahhh hey are not that much, well to purchase outright, adaption does add to the cost.
                          Last time I checked the Drenth 400 was around $10,600 in US and the Quaife was just a bit more I think 11K or maybe 11,5.
                          Depending on the home workshop skill level of the user or how much needs to be farmed out that swings the project cost.
                          Obviously not trivial money but just might be the most important part in the car for a peaky 4 cylinder.
                          jimmy p.
                          87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                          88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
                          88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
                          92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
                          98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
                          04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

youre right, thinking back it might have been an all number w/install

Comment

My Samsonas
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X