Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone please save it

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265302278248

I am intrigued with what is behind the false panel the front of the trunk, mine has the euro tank and the false panel is quite a bit further forward than this M3.
    Just in parts alone it is still quite valuable.

E30 M3 1987
    Mini Clubman GT
    BMW E36 323 Msport
    Toyota Corona
    KTM 200EXC
    Honda CB50 (1979)

Comment

I love how no matter the condition, we always get a photo of the toolkit.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave @nz View Post
        I am intrigued with what is behind the false panel the front of the trunk, mine has the euro tank and the false panel is quite a bit further forward than this M3.
        Just in parts alone it is still quite valuable.
        Looks like an early 2000s bangin stereo yo.

Comment

They must have hauled that thing out of a saltwater swamp. How does a modern BMW rust like that otherwise?
          jimmy p.
          87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
          88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
          88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
          92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
          98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
          04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

Ask the man himself: fogtown

https://s14net.vbulletin.net/forum/s...sty-m3-on-ebay
            1989 Lachs
            1988 Lachs - sold
            1988 DS - sold
            Car blog
            Bay Area M3 FB group

Comment

Holy crap, has someone really (already) bid $30,000 for that? These cars have truly entered the twilight zone.

To have that much rust showing, I wager the entire shell of that car is rotten as a peach. And while parts are indeed worth something, it is a safe assumption that the rest of the car is in equally sorry shape. I just cannot believe, E30M3 or not, someone will pay $30K for it.

Comment

sorry, regardless of mileage or condition - that is a parts car, IMHO. the rust, that you can see, is staggering - i can only imagine how bad the rust is, that you can't see.
                Autobahn Motorsport - Restoration and Service - Portland, Oregon
                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3 M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhead View Post
                  Holy crap, has someone really (already) bid $30,000 for that? These cars have truly entered the twilight zone.

To have that much rust showing, I wager the entire shell of that car is rotten as a peach. And while parts are indeed worth something, it is a safe assumption that the rest of the car is in equally sorry shape. I just cannot believe, E30M3 or not, someone will pay $30K for it.
                  And that mileage is bullshit, there's no way that's a 62k mile car. So what they're bidding on is an unknown mileage drive train, a pair of bumpers, shoddy interior, and a set of wheels. Most everything else is junk.

Comment

it clearly shows a rollback on the auto check lol

Yeah the floorboards and firewall have to be rotten as well. I know first hand haha. Been there done that and it was only a hole in the cowl the size of a quarter.

T

Comment

The run up to 30K has to be a series of shill bids.
                      If someone is really stupid enough to "want" to pay that much for that pile of junk our cars have truly jumped the shark while wearing a leather jacket
                      jimmy p.
                      87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                      88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
                      88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
                      92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
                      98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
                      04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

I have a sunroof panel for it! Someone alert the seller. That car has hit everything except the lottery.

Comment

Another for discussion: https://www.ebay.com/itm/E30-M3-Shel...-127632-2357-0

Comment

Dollar must have finished it's collapse at that rate

Comment

It's mine, No shill bids- I'm surprised at the bidding myself. I've known the car since 2001 and have many service records going back to the original sale - All the mileage records are consecutive except for the 12/01/2000 emission's inspection in Illinois- which is suspect because it is an even 78000 ( what are the odds of that?)- it was serviced at Patrick BMW in Schaumburg, IL Jan. 2000 and recorded as 36695 mi. and then again July 2001 with 39341 miles. There is bad rust in some areas but not throughout. FWIW sunroof panel is still available new: part # 54121906710

Comment

Working...
                              X