VAC Motorsports center section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VAC Motorsports center section

Does VAC still sell their street center pipe for the e30 m3? Looking to couple it with a stromung but I can’t find the center section on their site.
    "Just road, seat, ASS; THE END!" - Jeremy Clarkson
    "If you had a choice between a million dollars and world peace, what would you get for your E30 M3?" - ItsNotTheNissan
    onfirelabs.com twitter.com/suga_shane

You thinking of VSR?

Comment

Hot damn, yes I am! Thanks
      "If you had a choice between a million dollars and world peace, what would you get for your E30 M3?" - ItsNotTheNissan

Comment

I have that combo on my street car. It sounds great and of course the VSR center is top notch. The stromung has a lot of low end which can be boomy inside the cabin but outside the rumble is real nice.

Comment

I ran the VSR center for years on my street car with a Borla. It was loud but I loved it. Nice unit

Comment

I'm using Marios catless center section with a stock muffler on my street car and I love it.
            Its total "Goldilocks", not too loud, not too quiet, just right.
            jimmy p.
            87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
            88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
            88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
            92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
            98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
            04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

Good to know. I'm finding the Stromung too loud in the car and was considering trying an Eisenmann, but I wonder if it will be more of the same. I also considered stock but the the tips aren't as nice as aftermarket.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
                Good to know. I'm finding the Stromung too loud in the car and was considering trying an Eisenmann, but I wonder if it will be more of the same. I also considered stock but the the tips aren't as nice as aftermarket.
                I ran the Eisenmann years ago. If used with stock cats, I would rate it as same noise quantity as stock, but a bit more quality of sound if that makes any sense. It is not a loud exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
                  LOL yeah thats a downside for sure the aftermarket dual tips are always nicer.
                  The stock muffler tips are pretty blah.
                  jimmy p.
                  87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                  88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
                  88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
                  92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
                  98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
                  04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

I love Mario and VSR1 more than most; Enough to buy his personal E30 M3 and drive 11 hours one way just to keep it maintained.

I find the Borla Exhaust / VSR1 Center Section to be too drony for me.

E30M3 is a Legend

Comment

What's the Mario's center section? Link?

I need to pass CA CARB smog tests mind you, so I can't use what most of you guys can. :/

I currently have the Borla high flow with a straight pipe center. Very fun on the track with the open ITBs, but maybe the worst street-setup of all time not to mention will not pass CA smog.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsha007 View Post
                        What's the Mario's center section? Link?

I need to pass CA CARB smog tests mind you, so I can't use what most of you guys can. :/

I currently have the Borla high flow with a straight pipe center. Very fun on the track with the open ITBs, but maybe the worst street-setup of all time not to mention will not pass CA smog.
                        Here is a link. Unfortunately for you not CARB certified.

E30 M3 Products | VSR1, LLC

You are probably going to need to find an OEM center section to pass CA smog.
                        1990 M3

Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your M3

Comment

Working...
                        X