• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redux e30 m3, great video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds1cNV_MMRQ

Have another...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-mUOpbyNlQ

Good to see they have dropped the idea of turbocharging.
    Sport Evo No.47

My Sport Evo Restoration

Comment

why is it smoking like that? It's not tire smoke, and its not moisture mist from the road. Its blue. Its oil haha

And those TB's are the ones that are smaller than stock on the head side......LOL. Jenvey's

T

Comment

I'd hope for that kind of money that they speedo and tach in the cluster actually worked...
        -kevin

Comment

330,000 - LOL no. Wait, fuck no. in todays conversion that = $435,472.25 USD.
          For what exactly?
          These guys are on some great drugs. Maybe they will share?
          I will gladly have that wonderful, stunning red Evo 2 in the video though and use the leftover money to buy a real DTM92 car
          Last edited by jimmy p.; 12-08-2021, 09:37 AM.
          jimmy p.
          87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
          88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
          88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
          92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
          98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
          04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

I like it and all, but 330,000 pounds, plus a donor car?????? It isn't even close to that cool. I cannot imagine anyone doing that, unless they just need to get rid of a pile of money.

Comment

There is one born every minute….
              1988 BMW M3
              2010 Ferrari 599
              2013 BMW X1

Comment

1 of 30. More like 1 of 1. Does Paul Porteous own this car? I bought stripey from him.

Tony, is the oil burn you're seeing at 6:23? . Brilliant catch my friend. You always have had the eye of the tiger.

E30M3 is a Legend

Comment

Originally posted by sector7g View Post
                  I'd hope for that kind of money that they speedo and tach in the cluster actually worked...

LOL, Redux did say they are not quite there with their development yet. That will cost you another $100,000 quid for redesigned steering and a working cluster.

E30M3 is a Legend

Comment

Originally posted by 168glhs1986 View Post
                    1 of 30. More like 1 of 1. Does Paul Porteous own this car? I bought stripey from him.

Tony, is the oil burn you're seeing at 6:23? . Brilliant catch my friend. You always have had the eye of the tiger.
                    its all throughout both videos lol

T

Comment

Originally posted by HANDBLT View Post

its all throughout both videos lol

T
                      Yeah 100% that thing is burning or leaking some kind of oil.
                      Not a good look on what is supposed to be a pinnacle car LOL. These guys have delusions of being Singer.
                      The sad part is many members here have built cars that good or better without the perforated logo leather and the "herringbone trunk" for fractions of that cost.
                      Hate to be the Get Off My Lawn guy, but I'm firmly in the get off my lawn camp on this one, always have been.
                      Last edited by jimmy p.; 12-09-2021, 02:44 AM.
                      jimmy p.
                      04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy p. View Post

Yeah 100% that thing is burning or leaking some kind of oil.
                        Not a good look on what is supposed to be a pinnacle car LOL. These guys have delusions of being Singer.
                        The sad part is many members here have built cars that good or better without the perforated logo leather and the "herringbone trunk" for fractions of that cost.
                        Hate to be the Get Off My Lawn guy, but I'm firmly in the get off my lawn camp on this one, always have been.
                        There was a chap from the UK (Mark) who knew the builder of this car and the vendors he used. He didn't have great things to say about either or any of them.

I think the builder is a LORD / wealthy chap from the UK.

Anyone know? And can anyone confirm it was Paul Porteous who bought the likely 1 and only E30 M3?

I do think that car will go down in history as being pretty famous. They tried (and did) go where no one went before them. What its worth is up the the owner and any future buyer.

E30M3 is a Legend

Comment

I knew Paul, have not seen him in many years. In the earlier days on BMWCCA CR he had a (for the time) fast as ever loving shit 318 bodied DM car with an entire E30M3 drivetrain in it.
                          He was really successful in it. I think he stopped racing to appease his family and sold everything race related. Very very nice guy.
                          Paul, Carlos Lopez and I spent a bunch of time hanging out at my one and only O-Fest many years ago.
                          If memory serves me correct when he got out of racing I think he had Mike Morris build him a very slick Alpine street M3.
                          jimmy p.
                          04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

It would be nice if they made the billet S14 block available separately... assuming it didn't burn oil that is.

Comment

Oh my gosh the boot lid gap is sooooooo much better

Comment

Working...
                              X