Brake pad/rotor help and /or input...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake pad/rotor help and /or input...

Hey guys. I had a post up here not too long ago regarding an issue that I was experiencing with my rear passenger's side rotor/pad. Although I have talked to various people about it...I am going to take a few steps to see if I can't try to remedy the situation. What I have is back in '04 winter I did new rotors and pads. I didn't drive the car much at all but was able to do a somewhat "quick seat" of the pads. All of the rotors look perfect except for the passenger's side rear rotor where a rust ring can be found ~.5" from the rotor hub upwards to the swept area of the pad. This area should be nice and shiny like the rest of the rotor because it is, in fact, supposed to be swept. I have a feeling that maybe the pad is sitting a hair cockeyed or something so I am going to remove check the tabs on the back of the pad and reinstall. I think that while I am there I will do a new set of slider pin bushings to mitigate any twist action that might be kicking up the lower pad section, hence the "unswept" or rusting ring left behind. Does anybody have any experience with this sort of occurrence? I am really thinking that since I have tacked on another 170 miles....driving pretty hard that this would have cured itself by now but it hasn't just yet. Maybe I don't have enough patience but I am looking to the s14 board again for answers! Thanks in advance!

So....my wife is all fuckin' pissed off at me for being in the garage for so long but this is what I have got. It looks like something happened during break in....like the caliper twisted or something because the face of the rotor is rusty near the hub and the inner side of the rotor is rusty along the top swept area. Can anybody host pictures for me? I have images of the pads which...look SHOT etc. I bough a bushing/pin rebuild kit and have to pick it up tomorrow. I am theorizing that for some reason...the caliper is twisting and bedded that way. Shit...I don't really know but the pictures might help somebody more knowledgeable than I. Please hit me with a PM if you can host please, thanks!

Comment

These f'ing slide pins almost appear or feel BENT. :rolleyes:

Comment

email me the pictures

jordan at roadoneracing dot com
        "Never lift"

Comment

Originally posted by jordantii
          email me the pictures

jordan at roadoneracing dot com
          pics sent. Thanks Jordan.:cool:

Comment

email me your phone #. No need to post the pictures.

Jordan
            "Never lift"

Comment

Working...
            X