Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E30 M3 PNP ECU actually now available - ALL stock sensors used , flywheel included

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Z2TT View Post
    To be clear, if I wanted to. Can this ECU plug directly into my factory harness , e.g unplug original DME, plug yours in, and have to do nothing else and it's ready to tune?
    At the moment there is no 100% accurate base map and so some support from me would be required to dial in the basics to get it working right in a 100% PNP fashion, meaning running on the AFM for instance.
    Gunni.
    With great challenges comes great engineering.

Comment

Is it based on a certain ECU e.g LInk, Emtron , Megasquirt etc? Or have you made this from scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunni View Post

At the moment there is no 100% accurate base map and so some support from me would be required to dial in the basics to get it working right in a 100% PNP fashion, meaning running on the AFM for instance.
        Would It run on a 16kb stock file, uploaded by laptop?
        power is nothing without drift

Comment

Originally posted by Z2TT View Post
          Is it based on a certain ECU e.g LInk, Emtron , Megasquirt etc? Or have you made this from scratch.
          Its based on a BCS LPC4 - more information about that here - LPC4 controller (controls.is)

The technical document describes all this. - Microsoft Word - E30 M3 Single Box Solution by PNPECU v1.docx (ekmcdn.com)
          Gunni.

Comment

Originally posted by france320isco View Post

Would It run on a 16kb stock file, uploaded by laptop?
            This is not a Bosch ECU and so no. This is a standalone ecu built into the housing of a S14 ECU and can run a S14 engine.
            Gunni.

Comment

This is not a Bosch ECU and so no. This is a standalone ecu built into the housing of a S14 ECU and can run a S14 engine.
              Thank you.

So basically It fit the stock plug / harness, but you have to map by scratch (?)

From what I understand the SW makes it a diagnostic tool too.

Comment

Thank you.

So basically It fit the stock plug / harness, but you have to map by scratch (?)

From what I understand the SW makes it a diagnostic tool too.
                A S14 engine in stock form does not take long to map, there is base map and so mainly the fuel and ignition needs tuning, the ECU has internal long term tuning enabled and so can handle maintaining accurate fueling while its being tuned.

The software then of course as you suggested allows you to monitor all values in the ECU for diagnostics.
                Gunni.

Comment

A S14 engine in stock form does not take long to map, there is base map and so mainly the fuel and ignition needs tuning, the ECU has internal long term tuning enabled and so can handle maintaining accurate fueling while its being tuned.

The software then of course as you suggested allows you to monitor all values in the ECU for diagnostics.
                  So it's a direct fit (electronically) on the stock plug/wires and the engine lights too...you can move around but need some fine tuning (real time). I'm supposing that It has real time emulation capabilities.
                  And the SW Is ready to show you sensors output on the fly.

Comment

So it's a direct fit (electronically) on the stock plug/wires and the engine lights too...you can move around but need some fine tuning (real time). I'm supposing that It has real time emulation capabilities.
                    And the SW Is ready to show you sensors output on the fly.
                    Yes its a standalone ecu with all the bells and whistles they come with.
                    This also has onboard logging so that you can review any previous logged driving for any issues or to further improve the calibration.

Gunni.

Comment

Deja Vu with a more advanced EMS? LOL

This sounds just like the LENZ PNP that came around in '99, although this one is more advanced.

Do you have a data log file you can share along with the software so we can play with it? I am intrigued to see the flywheel (RPM) speed trace above 6K. This is where the LENZ had issues.

T

Comment

Originally posted by HANDBLT View Post
                        Deja Vu with a more advanced EMS? LOL

This sounds just like the LENZ PNP that came around in '99, although this one is more advanced.

Do you have a data log file you can share along with the software so we can play with it? I am intrigued to see the flywheel (RPM) speed trace above 6K. This is where the LENZ had issues.

T
                        The flywheel inputs have been testd to 12k on the bench, it was the main factor in deciding if this was ever going to work that it would work for all S14 potential RPM ranges. Im working on a wiki page for the S14 PNP on my support wiki for all the products I produce.
                        I dont have a datalog or a calibration file to share right now.

Its worth you guys have a look at these release notes to gauge what this ECU can do.

Saying that, you can play with the software by downloading it and a base map

BG calibrator (controls.is)
                        example files​
                        calibration file - https://controls.is/configs/lpc4v2.12.cud
                        log file - https://controls.is/calibrator/examplelog.bglog
                        Gunni.

Comment

Can I cut e.g. from excel the hex values of the adv/inj map and load / rpm sites and paste them in some 1616 map to run on the stock adv/inj?

Comment

Can I cut e.g. from excel the hex values of the adv/inj map and load / rpm sites and paste them in some 1616 map to run on the stock adv/inj?
                            Its completely a wasted of time to try and copy some fuelling information from a stock map, tuning fuel is extremely easy with a standalone that has a wideband.
                            If you have the actual ignition advance in a table from the stock map in BTDC values, then you can use them, but the load axis in the stock ecu is usually not directly correlated to any values in the standalone ecu as they think differently unless you know what the load axis values are I could help with translating that into the ecu.

Gunni.

Comment

Its completely a wasted of time to try and copy some fuelling information from a stock map, tuning fuel is extremely easy with a standalone that has a wideband.
                              If you have the actual ignition advance in a table from the stock map in BTDC values, then you can use them, but the load axis in the stock ecu is usually not directly correlated to any values in the standalone ecu as they think differently unless you know what the load axis values are I could help with translating that into the ecu.
                              Ok for the wideband.
                              Is there any "smart" function or parameter that helps in the optimization of adv for max torque? (beyond knocking).

Comment

Ok for the wideband.
                                Is there any "smart" function or parameter that helps in the optimization of adv for max torque? (beyond knocking).
                                No, no ECU has that functionality and any that claims should be avoided. Best is a dyno
                                Gunni.

Comment

Working...
                                X