Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E30 M3 PNP ECU actually now available - ALL stock sensors used , flywheel included

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Gunni View Post

    No, no ECU has that functionality and any that claims should be avoided. Best is a dyno
    Depends, if you are messing with ION sensing and pressure sensors you could do closed loop IGN ADV. This would be other worldly in cost and tuning though. Ha

    T

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by HANDBLT View Post

      Depends, if you are messing with ION sensing and pressure sensors you could do closed loop IGN ADV. This would be other worldly in cost and tuning though. Ha

      T
      But none of those do it completely automatically from scratch, you have to teach the ECU how to use the information its receiving which on a S14 could be time spent to go to a dyno and just do the tuning.
      Gunni.
      With great challenges comes great engineering.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Gunni View Post

        But none of those do it completely automatically from scratch, you have to teach the ECU how to use the information its receiving which on a S14 could be time spent to go to a dyno and just do the tuning.
        Right. You have to set the knock thresholds. I have active knock control on my engine. The S14 is fairly easy to setup, since it is not knock limited. The power falls off before knock is induced, in the high revs/high loads. It's super sensitive to the part throttle, 2500-2800RPM, high load area to pinging.

        T

        Comment


        • #49
          Can you edit the load cells on the fly while running the car live, or does this standalone still require adjustments to be made while car is off. That will be the big one as to how friendly it is for dyno tuners.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Z2TT View Post
            Can you edit the load cells on the fly while running the car live, or does this standalone still require adjustments to be made while car is off. That will be the big one as to how friendly it is for dyno tuners.
            Yes. you can edit nearly everything live
            Gunni.
            With great challenges comes great engineering.

            Comment


            • france320isco
              france320isco commented
              Editing a comment
              abcdefgtrew - can't delete this comment I hit the wrong button

          • #51
            Originally posted by Gunni View Post

            Yes. you can edit nearly everything live
            Something not up to your ECU, but to the stock one.
            Do you know why among the 16 inj/adv pt maps in the stock eprom only 4 are used from the EMS?
            At least from my experience two 071 ECUs and one 087 (320is) use the same maps addresses (e.g. 31E8 for the pt inj map engine hot).
            The other 12 maps are neglected.
            I was thinking they where for FQS, but they are not. Switching FQS will not make the ECU use other maps (at least Tuner Pro real time emulation is not signalling it does).​

            Thank you.
            power is nothing without drift

            Comment


            • #52
              Originally posted by france320isco View Post

              Something not up to your ECU, but to the stock one.
              Do you know why among the 16 inj/adv pt maps in the stock eprom only 4 are used from the EMS?
              At least from my experience two 071 ECUs and one 087 (320is) use the same maps addresses (e.g. 31E8 for the pt inj map engine hot).
              The other 12 maps are neglected.
              I was thinking they where for FQS, but they are not. Switching FQS will not make the ECU use other maps (at least Tuner Pro real time emulation is not signalling it does).​

              Thank you.
              I have no idea, Im not into OEM ECUs at all
              Gunni.
              With great challenges comes great engineering.

              Comment


              • #53
                Originally posted by Gunni View Post

                I have no idea, Im not into OEM ECUs at all
                Thank you.
                It is destined to stay a mistery.
                power is nothing without drift

                Comment


                • #54
                  Are you saying the stock ECU has 16 different maps? and only a few are used?

                  Is there any indication what those maps are for, do they appear to be slightly tweaked versions of tune perhaps for different climate or something or perhaps maps for different engines ?

                  Comment


                  • france320isco
                    france320isco commented
                    Editing a comment
                    ................keep clicking that ***king "comment" thing sorry

                • #55
                  Originally posted by Z2TT View Post
                  Are you saying the stock ECU has 16 different maps? and only a few are used?

                  Is there any indication what those maps are for, do they appear to be slightly tweaked versions of tune perhaps for different climate or something or perhaps maps for different engines ?
                  Recently I posted here http://forum.tunerpro.net/viewtopic.php?p=21129#p21129 see the attachment.
                  It's a yes. There are 16 8 adv () + 8 inj (corrections to base load) 256 points maps, @PT.
                  But only 4 of them (two inj & two adv) are used, looking at real time emulation (Tuner Pro + Ostrich).
                  One inj + adv couple is used when cold and till the end of the warm up. Then the other couple inj+adv.

                  The topic here is https://s14net.vbulletin.net/forum/s...-chip-id/page2

                  Don't know why the additional maps.​
                  power is nothing without drift

                  Comment


                  • #56
                    Originally posted by france320isco View Post

                    Recently I posted here http://forum.tunerpro.net/viewtopic.php?p=21129#p21129 see the attachment.
                    It's a yes. There are 16 8 adv () + 8 inj (corrections to base load) 256 points maps, @PT.
                    But only 4 of them (two inj & two adv) are used, looking at real time emulation (Tuner Pro + Ostrich).
                    One inj + adv couple is used when cold and till the end of the warm up. Then the other couple inj+adv.

                    The topic here is https://s14net.vbulletin.net/forum/s...-chip-id/page2

                    Don't know why the additional maps.​
                    are there compensation tables? for instance, when the IAT drops below 59* or something, it changes to a different map I believe? It doesn't just add a compensation based on a 2D table.

                    T

                    Comment


                    • #57
                      I see a WOT map also.

                      Comment


                      • #58
                        Originally posted by HANDBLT View Post

                        are there compensation tables? for instance, when the IAT drops below 59* or something, it changes to a different map I believe? It doesn't just add a compensation based on a 2D table.

                        T
                        If I had a wider screen to keep al the tables up at once and tuner pro the ability to real time trace more than one map at a time...maybe I could answer to your question.
                        For now I have marked as "read" in the XDF what I found t's read. I tryed to navigate between the other tables especially inj/adv pt 256, but they never lit up.
                        One Racing Dynamics guy told me that each chip may had 3/4 set of maps for any location around the world...the ECUs I had unfortunately (two 071 and two 087) all use the same maps/addresses.
                        But I'm not a pro, so the probability that I didn't see something is really high. That's why I'm asking
                        power is nothing without drift

                        Comment


                        • #59
                          Originally posted by JimK View Post
                          I see a WOT map also.
                          Yes.
                          Unfortunately I forgot to mark as "read" the one that is read.

                          I'll get back to real time emulation some day...my ECU (fitted in the stock compartment) has the Ostrich + flat cable permanently installed.
                          power is nothing without drift

                          Comment


                          • #60
                            Gunni im trying to contact you via pm but it's not allowing me to. I'm after an ecu for my rebuild I have some questions i need help with.
                            please can you pm me as I am unable to send you a message

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X