• Show
Clear All

• Attention: financial fraud!! please read

Anyone knows this guy?

Diego Durell
    105 Durbain ST
    95630 Folsom,CA

what happened:

that guy ordered a part from me and gave me his UPS account number to ship it on his costs to him.....
    now a few months later i got a invoice from UPS and they told me that i have to pay the shipping costs(250 Euro) as this guy won't pay it....but he still got the package from UPS
    nice or?

Markus

http://www.bmwm3shop.de

Markus,

I see the problem as UPS's not yours. They accepted the package with his account number and delivered it, again using that account number. Don't see how they can come back to you to cover his non payment.

Cheers
    Kevin
    Cecotto/Ravaglia Register.

Comment

I concur, it doesn't sound like it's your problem and I would just ignore it.
      "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

The only issue I see if that if Markus has an account with them, they can freeze the account. However, if he communicates with UPS it will probably go away...
        Sorry to hear about this, lotsa schmucks out there!
        88M3 henna

73T100C
        97 540\6-Gone
        2008 MINI Clubman S

Comment

Hey Markus,

I live about 15 minutes away from Folsom CA......\\

PM me if I can help in any way......

Comment

Originally posted by JEDM3
            The only issue I see if that if Markus has an account with them, they can freeze the account. However, if he communicates with UPS it will probably go away...
            Sorry to hear about this, lotsa schmucks out there!
            Good point but unless I have missed something the contract is between UPS and the "gentleman" who seems to have forgoten to pay and not Markus and UPS.
            Kevin

Comment

Something is wrong here. UPS will not release a package before it is paid. If it was shipped collect then he would had to pay for it to get it.
              Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jim
                Something is wrong here. UPS will not release a package before it is paid. If it was shipped collect then he would had to pay for it to get it.
                I think Jim is right...

Markus, remember that big-ole box with CSL stuffs??? UPS uses a subsidiary company to send it to me and they asked me C.O.D. for all shipping charges that included shipping, duty and clearing custom.

They wouldn't release that shipment unless it is paid in full!

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it. Could also be a mistake on UPS' part with the billing. I'd contact them and explain what happened.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
                  89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
                  85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
                  91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

Hey Markus,

I live about 15 minutes away from Folsom CA......\\

PM me if I can help in any way......
                    I'm with Ironhead. If you need help let me know too.

-Adrian
                    I'd rather be out in my M3 right about now...

Comment

Originally posted by A's///M3
                      I'm with Ironhead. If you need help let me know too.
                      Hey Markus,
                      They know these guys too...
                      Rest assure... Nor Cal guys will take good care of ya.

Comment

I dont think so...

I have both fedex and UPS accounts and when I ship on someone ELSES ups or fedex acount,
                        in the fine print it says that if the receiver does not pay, I HAVE to pay the shipping.
                        Read a fedex shipping form and youll see it in the fine print.

John

Comment

Hmm. that is a nasty piece of fineprint, best get the purchaser to arrange for it to be collected from you or do the same T&C's still apply?
                          Last edited by Kevin; 06-17-2005, 06:09 AM.
                          Kevin

Comment

^ That sucks! I hate fine print.
                            "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

Well for what its worth, I live in Folsom too. Looks like you have plenty of upstanding members living in the area to help you out if you need it.

I wish I knew the person. I have seen 2 other M3's in the area from time to time, but I have never met them.

Ill keep my eyes peeled for you.

Sorry to hear this guy is a flake. Hopefully one bad apple doesnt spoil the bunch.

Comment

Working...
                              X